West side lake

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Another west side but only 12 miles from home…..38 C&R’d all sight casting midge emergers! Straight from the hatchery yesterday to eating dries on the surface! Nothing over 13” but fun!! I fished from 2:15-6:10
Mind sharing a picture of your midge emerger?

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
Mind sharing a picture of your midge emerger?
Zak, I must have five hundred different midge emergers! I’ve really noticed on a lot of lakes, when they first break surface tension and freshly hatch, a lot of them have orange bodies due to hemoglobin. I tie them from #18 scud hooks to #12 dry fly hooks. My favorite is tied with a paraloop grizzly hackle, choice of body color (orange, black or gray mostly) and either a tiny grizzly hackle tip or black/white verigated rod wrapping thread for a trailing shuck….whew! I also use 7x tippet……
IMG_3772.jpeg

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Zak, I must have five hundred different midge emergers! I’ve really noticed on a lot of lakes, when they first break surface tension and freshly hatch, a lot of them have orange bodies due to hemoglobin. I tie them from #18 scud hooks to #12 dry fly hooks. My favorite is tied with a paraloop grizzly hackle, choice of body color (orange, black or gray mostly) and either a tiny grizzly hackle tip or black/white verigated rod wrapping thread for a trailing shuck….whew! I also use 7x tippet……
View attachment 109587
Thanks for the look into your fly box!