NFR What Are You Drinking?

Non-fishing related

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
06E589ED-E619-48F2-9D99-1D0D89CEA7BF.jpeg
Manhattan season has arrived.
This is a Perfect Manhattan (1/2 parts each dry and sweet vermouth) made with Bulleit Rye and one o’ them fancy ass Eye-talian cherries.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
You sure have a lot of wine that is old. Maybe dangerously old and beyond its pull date. The offer still stands. I can help you out. Mossback might be willing too.
that wasn't from my storage...we were at Bazaar Meats in Las Vegas, a Jose Andreas restaurant...

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
That bottle is just now starting to drink well I read, some might even say it is in the early stage of its drinking window...
Good for 40 years I hear...best not take the chance though. :)
The more Spanish wine I drink, the more I like it, should look for some more varities. We pretty much just do Rioja and Mencia, but there's a lot more out there I am sure we would like...good values also.
Got a delivery of some CdR today, hoping to try one out with a lamb stew or ragu...
Fall meals are good for CdR.
:)

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
That bottle is just now starting to drink well I read, some might even say it is in the early stage of its drinking window...
Good for 40 years I hear...best not take the chance though. :)
The more Spanish wine I drink, the more I like it, should look for some more varities. We pretty much just do Rioja and Mencia, but there's a lot more out there I am sure we would like...good values also.
Got a delivery of some CdR today, hoping to try one out with a lamb stew or ragu...
Fall meals are good for CdR.
:)
We had it decanted and it opened nicely in about an hour…it was stellar. Meanwhile, during dinner, we enjoyed some bubbly, a nice dry Riesling, and a Sauterne with dessert. It was a 2 hour meal, glad I didn’t have to drive…