Rain

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Ok….wind not rain. 😉
I hope everyone has their power back on it you lost it. That was a pretty decent blow last night.
SF

IMG_5472.jpeg

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
Not this last Saturday but the Saturday before last, much of Gillman Blvd in downtown Issaquah was flooded and there were some pretty deep spots due to massive rainfall. I saw this car stuck in a deep pool and abandoned. Hopefully the car wasn't damaged too badly.

20231104_120345.jpg

20231104_120348.jpg

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
  • Wow
Reactions: RCF

JudyM

Steelhead
I just finished replacing all the batteries in the weather station on my desk and the unit outside. Last night, all of a sudden, the temp on my inside unit was stuck at 44 degrees. The outside unit needed to be moved since it was attached by zip ties to a wood divider between me and the neighbor, it is rotting and falling apart. Replaced all 4 AA batteries in the outside unit making sure the batteries were in the proper place. Brought in the outer unit to sync with the inner weather station. Took the outside unit on a plastic pipe pole that is 8 feet tall and zip tied it to the hanging planter pole that is 7 feet tall on the edge of the patio. I want to know what this winter weather Hawaiian Pineapple Express is doing from my computer desk. Sometime down the line, I want to upgrade to a better unit/weather station. Currently have an Acurite with wind, temp/humidity, barometer, moon phase and inside temp/humidity.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I just finished replacing all the batteries in the weather station on my desk and the unit outside. Last night, all of a sudden, the temp on my inside unit was stuck at 44 degrees. The outside unit needed to be moved since it was attached by zip ties to a wood divider between me and the neighbor, it is rotting and falling apart. Replaced all 4 AA batteries in the outside unit making sure the batteries were in the proper place. Brought in the outer unit to sync with the inner weather station. Took the outside unit on a plastic pipe pole that is 8 feet tall and zip tied it to the hanging planter pole that is 7 feet tall on the edge of the patio. I want to know what this winter weather Hawaiian Pineapple Express is doing from my computer desk. Sometime down the line, I want to upgrade to a better unit/weather station. Currently have an Acurite with wind, temp/humidity, barometer, moon phase and inside temp/humidity.
I’ve got a Davis Vantage Pro2, which is great but recently the rain gauge stopped registering, or registers maybe about 10% of the actual precipitation. I’m guessing the collector bucket is partially clogged but checking it means a scary trip up high on the big ladder . So for this coming series of storms I put a glass with masking tape and 1” sharpie marks out on the back deck. I’ll investigate the Davis once the weather clears up.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Atmospheric Rivers lining up off the coast.
"up to 6 inches over the Coast Range and Cascades (40-70%
probability of over 5 inches). Localized amounts of up to 7 to 8
inches are possible (10-15% probability) in orographically
forced areas. This is a significant amount of rain to fall in a
fairly short period of time, which combined with snow melt from
rain falling on recent snow will produce flooding impacts."

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I’ve got a Davis Vantage Pro2, which is great but recently the rain gauge stopped registering, or registers maybe about 10% of the actual precipitation. I’m guessing the collector bucket is partially clogged but checking it means a scary trip up high on the big ladder . So for this coming series of storms I put a glass with masking tape and 1” sharpie marks out on the back deck. I’ll investigate the Davis once the weather clears up.
Caught a break between storms and got up there to check it. The hole at the bottom of the bucket was packed with muddy gunk. I’m surprised any water got through.

It took 20 minutes of dicking with a heavy fiberglass extension ladder for 30 seconds of work with a bent wire, but now I’m back in business!IMG_4629.jpeg

JudyM

Steelhead
Well, still no temp or wind on the inside unit. Sounds like the high heat from summer might have cooked the outside unit sending signal. I could replace it for close to $70 or wait until mid to late February to replace with an upgraded weather station with the full meal deal. Decisions, decisions!

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Well, still no temp or wind on the inside unit. Sounds like the high heat from summer might have cooked the outside unit sending signal. I could replace it for close to $70 or wait until mid to late February to replace with an upgraded weather station with the full meal deal. Decisions, decisions!
I just go outside in shorts and a t-shirt…
I get all the weather data I need for the day.

the_chemist

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Embrace the sog. For reference the 1990 flood had a gage height of ~22ft at this station.
USGS.12150800.151245.00065..20231128.20231205..0..png

Attachments

• report.pdf
    191.5 KB · Views: 4

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Not this last Saturday but the Saturday before last, much of Gillman Blvd in downtown Issaquah was flooded and there were some pretty deep spots due to massive rainfall. I saw this car stuck in a deep pool and abandoned. Hopefully the car wasn't damaged too badly.

View attachment 90751

View attachment 90752
Snohomish County is getting hammered

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Any preliminary thoughts from the resident knowers of things on impacts to redds on our major river systems? I know we’re yet to see water levels crest, so maybe it’s too early to say.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Any preliminary thoughts from the resident knowers of things on impacts to redds on our major river systems? I know we’re yet to see water levels crest, so maybe it’s too early to say.

Hopefully if we can get through today and things get less wet before the next big system this weekend there will not be a bunch of scouring.
I hope that is the case.
SF