April / May Tying Contest

I call this one “the Meterman”
  2. IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

3. IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg

4. Travis Bille

Eels

I had a patient from the Hoopa reservation in Northern California on the Trinity River. She gave me a jar of smoked lamprey. It was absolutely fantastic. My daughter was 10 at the time. I called her over and had her try some "smoked salmon". Her eyes lit up and she said it was the best thing...
  5. Travis Bille

What's in your vise?

It’s hard to tell, but this is a balance leech. Has anyone ever tried tying one with rabbit strips? Does it work?
  6. IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

7. Travis Bille

Who’s this little feller?

Thanks! This is probably the first skwala I've seen in person and I wasn't aware that the Rogue had a population of them. Cool!
  8. Travis Bille

Who’s this little feller?

I was fishing the Holy Water stretch about a week ago and this letter feller floated past me. Too small and early to be a salmon fly or golden stone, but unfamiliar with the other stonefly species in the river
  9. IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

10. IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

11. Travis Bille

Pikeminnow on the fly

I caught a pretty dang big one on the Yak one time on a purple Chubby Chernobyl. I also caught two in Baum Lake (a small Hat Creek impoundment) at dusk. I didn't realize there were any in there, I'd never heard of them being caught, but they are native to the Sacramento River watershed
  12. Travis Bille

Crossing/Entering Railroad property along Rivers?

No kidding. I knew a guy in Tacoma who got killed that exact same way about a decade ago
  13. Travis Bille

What's in your vise?

I call this one the Meterman
  14. IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

15. IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg