TJAK's latest activity

• T
    TJAK reacted to clarkman's post in the thread Rod differences with Like Like.
    Whelp, I guess my NFC Iconoglass 8wt started by me, and finished by my friend, @PhilR would qualify...perhaps not all that expensive...
  • T
    TJAK reacted to Nooksack Mac's post in the thread Rod differences with Like Like.
    Perhaps the parameter I care the most about in a fly/spey rod is one that's hardest to find without casting that rod: the action. We...
  • T
    TJAK reacted to G_Smolt's post in the thread Rod differences with Like Like.
    Lots of good advice re:lines and golf clubs, and a few stabs at what separates a cheap rod from and expensive rod (maybe there was...
  • T
    TJAK reacted to Scslat's post in the thread Rod differences with Like Like.
    This pretty much nails it. Almost all of my rods are USA-made. I like the finish and the way they fish, and I like buying American (I...
  • T
    TJAK reacted to wmelton's post in the thread Rod differences with Like Like.
    I wouldn't target redfish with a switch rod. If you want something for both go with a 9' 8wt single hander.
  • T
    TJAK replied to the thread Rod differences.
    Appreciate all the feedback. I plan to target redfish and summer steelhead. It would be cool if I could find a rod that could handle...
  • T
    TJAK posted the thread Rod differences in Gear & Techniques.
    Besides money what benefits are gained when buying a middle of the road rod versus the top of the line rods for someone just starting...