Recent content by stevesflyfishing

1. S

Lake craft recommendation

Agree with Wayne. I fish much like you do Mukman and last year bought the Stealth and really love it. I also have a Super Fat Cat for float tube conditions and short hikes. I have a buddy that has the Scout and really likes that too. I think its a foot shorter than the Stealth and less...
  2. S

BC lakes fly recommendations?

We took around 7 1/2 hours including early lunch at A&W (my one frosty mug root beer a year) in Merritt and BCLiquor stop in Kamloops. Still able to fish lake next to lodge for a couple of hours before dinner.
  3. S

Just returned yesterday from Meadow Lakes Lodge. Fished 5 lakes. Lots of beautiful Kamloops trout that I just turned into several pounds of smoked trout dip/spread. Weather was all over the map.......from 80 degrees and sunny to hail and cold. Typical even for this time of the year. Did not...
  4. S

I'll be headed there 2 weeks after you so leave a couple of nice ones please!! I have always had good luck with olive and black Hale bop leeches, olive willies and Little Fort specials. Many do well with Doc Spratley's but for some reason not me! I also have done well with a fly called Knouff...
  5. S

BC mid August

Just returned from Meadow Lake yesterday. Fishing was very good, particularly the first 3 days. The last 2 days were very hot, and fishing (and my stamina) slowed down quite a bit. I'm the only one in our group that fishes a float tube almost exclusively so thankful the winds were not too...
  6. S

BC mid August

Wow, thanks for the info. Francesco has had a rough go the last several years, first losing his awesome wife Uli and now this. I always brought him a nice scotch, but will have to rethink that for my trip there coming up. Again, thanks for the heads up.
  7. S

BC mid August

I'll be there is 2 weeks. In the past I have done well there with Little Fort Special's, trusty Hale Bop leech, Doc Spratley (red) and very small chartreuse damselfly nymphs. Also, this is my first time posting here.....