Recent content by Steve Vaughn

1. Steve Vaughn

SOLD 2 Cannon manual downriggers w/ Lund brackets

Bought my used Lund with two Cannon manual down riggers w/ line counter installed. I haven't nor do I believe I will ever use them. The previous owner added attachments to the Cannon mounting brackets to fit into the Lund rail system (blue plate in the pics). Looking for $100 each or $180 for...
  2. Steve Vaughn

What's in your vise?

Nice! I've dabbled with this general style. I think your hook selection is better with more shank to tie on. I stole these hooks from my gear fishing bag.
  3. IMG_20230722_091248992_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230722_091248992_HDR.jpg

4. IMG_20230722_113630128_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230722_113630128_HDR.jpg

5. Steve Vaughn

What's in your vise?

Continuing the theme of tying with deer/elk hair. Butch caddis Missing link - damn tricky tie for me after tying streamers lately. This is a #16.
  6. Butch caddis.jpg

Butch caddis.jpg

7. Missing link.jpg

Missing link.jpg

8. Steve Vaughn

It's a jungle out there!

My father and I were fishing the St. Lawrence River near Clayton from his little Boston Whaler when we were flagged down by a couple guy fishing in a professional bass tournament. They had run out of gas. As I recall, the co-angler did most of the talking and he was pretty hot. Apparently...
  9. Steve Vaughn

What's in your vise?

First attempt at an olive zoo cougar. Head trimming still needs a little work, but I think this one will fish.
  10. zoo cougar_4.jpg

zoo cougar_4.jpg

11. zoo cougar.jpg

zoo cougar.jpg

12. Steve Vaughn

Decked truck bed drawer system

Thanks, that discussion was helpful. Today I've been researching folding and retractable tonneau covers, but so far even the good ones seem to have water leaking problems even those with incorporated drains. So, with a canopy likely out of consideration I'm still leaning toward the Decked system.
  13. Steve Vaughn

Couple of question and comment: 1. What is the hesitation on recommending the Bakflip? 2. Sinetic looks great, but not sure retractability is worth the $$ for me. I am, however, intrigued by the rail system for adding accessories (racks).
  14. Steve Vaughn

UV Resin

Buying the light from the maker of the resin your using makes a lot of sense. Not all resins are chemicaly the same and will initiate best at a particular UV wavelength. The maker of the resin will sell you the best light for their product.
  15. Steve Vaughn

Looking at these as an option for my 2011 Silverado 1500. My priorities are water protection and security while fishing and camping. Doesn't seem reasonable to spend $3K on a cap for a 13-year-old truck, but I might be able to justify half that since I only have 100K miles on it. The loss of...