Recent content by Skagittarius

1. Skagittarius

What are you listening to?

30 years ago today MTV aired Nirvana's 'Unplugged' session for the first time. The entire 14 song set was filmed on November 18 in a single take.
  2. Skagittarius

Go to 8:00 and enjoy the ramp up.
  3. Skagittarius

I'll keep trying...go to 8:50 and enjoy..
  4. Skagittarius

Bucktailing

Agree with the comments regarding using this method in PS, but in the Strait it's very effective, especially when there isn't a lot of sun on the water. 3.5-4.2 mph was the sweet spot for coho. Find a nice directional rip, and make S tacks through it. A flasher from a portable downrigger...
  5. Skagittarius

Indeed it was. It's too bad they didn't perform collectively that well for an entire show more often. A common complaint I've heard from musicians (and others) that don't care for the band's music is how disjointed their live performances were. Objectively, it's hard to disagree but there...
  6. Skagittarius

I saw Dead and Co played at Barton hall this week to commemorate the 45th anniversary of what most fans consider their greatest performance. Great to hear Bob and the crew sounding so good...
  7. Skagittarius

Little Update

Since moving to FL I don't check in here often but I'm sorry to see this. I learned a ton from Nick (and Chris). Get well soon Nick!
  8. Skagittarius

Great ballad that bounces between narrative and lyric poetry. I love songs like that. Alas, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear this are the lyrics we created in college. I had a roommate with the last name Fitzgerald and this was our crew's drinking song. Predictably we would...
  9. Skagittarius

NFR Hockey

Enjoy it. The stars are aligned for bean town. Nice to get a guy off the street and suddenly be a vezina goalie. As long as you guys beat the NY, NJ and PIT teams I'll be rooting for you.
  10. Skagittarius

Love listening and playing along with this tune...
  11. Skagittarius

Tuna 2022, let the games begin!

That was the sweet spot for me before those fish moved beyond my grasp. Really missing those trips.
  12. Skagittarius

Dumbest Thing On The River

The combination of water, gravity and youth can be a wet, hard and cold lesson. When I was a kid, hurricane Gloria flooded the creek in my best friend's back yard. During the storm a group of us neighborhood kids played a game of tackle football in his yard. We were soaked head to toe in mud...
  13. Skagittarius

Deschutes Closes For Steelhead 6/1

Really sorry to see this. I love that river and for several years it was part of my annual swing though the Columbia river system where we fished the Deschutes in Sept, the Grand Ronde in Oct, and the JD in Nov chasing those summer run fish. I hope this is the bottom and it's up from here...
  14. Skagittarius

I love the imagery of this song. Captures what I love about that city.
  15. Skagittarius

Love Gaucho. The groove of that album is amazing and it hits you in the first bar of each song. Jazzy punk.