Shad's latest activity

• S
    Shad reacted to Nick Clayton's post in the thread Little Update with Like Like.
    Happy update.... After what turned into quite the saga, and easily the longest year plus of my life, I am finally officially back in...
  • S
    Shad replied to the thread Wok thread.
    You can use a cook top. It's hard to keep it hot enough, but realistically, any conventional stove falls short of complete adequacy for...
  • S
    By comparison, the burners we used were 80K BTU. Light it up, and the wok would be smoking hot after a count to 3. Most dishes took...
  • S
    Shad reacted to Evan B's post in the thread Wok thread with Like Like.
    It would probably depend on the model. We have one and it isn't even close to enough. You'll want to find something with probably at...
  • S
    Shad replied to the thread River Snorkeling with Cutthroat.
    I should start doing this in the summer, when it's too hot to sit around the house. Can you theoretically "swim" entire floats in a day?
  • S
    Shad reacted to G_Smolt's post in the thread River Snorkeling with Cutthroat with Like Like.
    In between assisting ADFG with steelhead index surveys and my own steelhead presence surveys the past 6 springs, I spend a lot of time...
  • S
    Shad reacted to Smalma's post in the thread River Snorkeling with Cutthroat with Like Like.
    Have not done any in more than 25 years but it was always great to get close and in person with a school of our salmonids. Hands down...
  • S
    Shad reacted to SpawnFlyFish's post in the thread River Snorkeling with Cutthroat with Like Like.
    I know this wasn't the video people were asking to see but I snorkeled a local river this week before the rains came and it was truly...
  • S
    Shad replied to the thread Handgun Snake Shot.
    I think having dogs along is the only reason you might want to carry for snakes. Dogs aren't always very "discerning" in how they treat...
  • S
    Shad reacted to Dustin Chromers's post in the thread Handgun Snake Shot with Like Like.
    I stopped killing snakes when I was ten. I always knew better. At ten I became better.
  • S
    Shad reacted to Billy's post in the thread Handgun Snake Shot with Like Like.
    I leave them alone and they leave me alone. I will not upset this balance between me and the snake spirits.
  • S
    Shad reacted to Rob Allen's post in the thread Handgun Snake Shot with Like Like.
    Na, if I have time to shoot them I have time to get out of their way. Not into Snake skins or eating them. I am the guy who stops...
  • S
    No need to be sad, though... I have learned to put out some solid cuisine from my lousy excuse for a kitchen. Working with what you have...
  • S
    Trouble for me is I'm on the third floor and can't use any grills/smokers/burners/etc. on my balcony. It's cast iron or bust for me, and...
  • S
    Shad reacted to Evan B's post in the thread Wok thread with Like Like.
    A good way around that is an outdoor propane burner like a turkey fryer. I run one of those on the back patio too. But yeah, stove heat...