Recent content by SeaRunner

1. SeaRunner

Survive the Sound 2024

My fish Chowder died off Pt. D. So sad.
  2. SeaRunner

Survive the Sound 2024

Me too! Participating in these made me realize many times in the past I had been out on the Sound with baby steelhead swimming by which I had been oblivious to.
  3. SeaRunner

Survive the Sound 2024

Having participated in these since their inception it seems to me like these young steelhead seek open water if they can. Most of the fish I've sponsored have been Duwamish or Nisqually fish, and according to the STS tracker they all swan right up the middle of the Sound over deep water. Very...
  4. SeaRunner

Non-Fly Dirtbag kokanee

Not surprising at all! But it is interesting, especially the recent trend of strong year classes every 3 years.
  5. SeaRunner

2024 NOF

Thank you. My memory was earlier but I guess I'm just being impatient.
  6. SeaRunner

Bad outing for FlyFish Dan

I've had bullets by me twice, both in SW WA on the same river. One time they were way up high in the trees and didn't seem all that scary. The other though one bullet hit a stump maybe 10-20 yards behind me. I heard the whizz and thump of the bullet hitting. That one was pretty scary and I...
  7. SeaRunner

2024 NOF

Any guesses on when the LOAF will get posted? At 3 weeks and counting.
  8. SeaRunner

Non-Fly Switching treble to single hook on small kastmaster

This is a good hook. As a kid I fished SRC with gear and would use this hook to replace the hooks on the triple teasers I used. This hook seemed to hold better than the stock hooks. Some of the strikes on light spinning gear were pretty epic. Haven't done it in years since I found fly...
  9. SeaRunner

Non-Fly Dirtbag kokanee

Dr. Jeff Jensen at UW Bothell is doing work on Lk WA kokanee, including trying to figure out the make up of the population between residuals and natives. He has a blog which can be found with a simple google search. As best I can tell the population fluctuates pretty heavily year to year...
  10. SeaRunner

Non-Fly Dirtbag kokanee

I got into kokanee last year on Lake Washington. They are really pretty fish. One of the interesting things is that while the green daphnia goop was probably the most common stomach item of the fish I cleaned, I cleaned one or two with small longfin smelt in them, as well as several fish whose...
  11. SeaRunner

2024 NOF

For this summer (2024) anglers will/would be fishing on a summer steelhead planting of 80K smolts in the Skykomish. For the summer of 2025, any summer steelhead fishing in the Skykomish will be on a smolt plant of 26K. Regardless of what's going on with Skykomish chinook that doesn't sound...
  12. SeaRunner

Stillie gamefish opportunities.

Respectfully I think my quote above is out of context and to be fair I could have been clearer in my post which the quote is taken from. I am not questioning the State's ability to monitor the fisheries listed in the LOAFs of the past several years, or for those agreed to this upcoming year...
  13. SeaRunner

No disagreement on it being an opportunity missed. I'm not sure that a fishery going over one of the various fishery controls is too much cause for concern in this context assuming that it is exploitation rates that really matter. State fisheries have frequently exceeded various NOF controls...
  14. SeaRunner

It does seem like this year was an ideal year for 1:1 trading of Stillaguamish impacts in freshwater fisheries to achieve the 50/50 sharing that we've been told is very important to the Stillaguamish Tribe. I wonder if there are other reasons for the State apparently not pursuing that. I...
  15. SeaRunner

T-HO-KE Flies

Last I looked he had some interesting videos up on youtube. Truly a character. I had one of his VHS on fishing Manchester as a kid. I loved that video.