Recent content by Scslat

1. Scslat

Shrinking fish worldwide

That explains the black helicopters hovering over the tiny streams!
  2. Scslat

Shrinking fish worldwide

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2024/05/04/fish-shrinking-warmer-temperatures-climate-change/ Maybe this is why I only catch dinks. But seriously, this is scary stuff. It's behind a paywall, but think it deserves a posting. I hope many of you can read it.
  3. Scslat

Spey Clave in Southern BC - April 14th 2024

Back to the top, since this is tomorrow.
  4. Scslat

Spey Clave in Southern BC - April 14th 2024

Another free opportunity to join with fellow Spey enthusiasts, but this time north of the border. An easy drive from Bellingham, though. https://myflyshop.com/CTE-details.cfm?ID=13&catID=3&subCatID=16
  5. Scslat

Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge - but with fly rods...

I also went in with eyes open, so I'm not suggesting that I was misled on customer service. I've heard good things about the blanks so am hoping for good rods from Edge. The person that I followed up with at the company has been very nice and responsive, but really all she can do is explain...
  6. Scslat

Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge - but with fly rods...

I'm still waiting on an Edge Archetype that I ordered about 4 months ago. And I'm waiting on the tube and sock from another rod ordered 6 months ago. I think that Edge is primarily focused on traditional gear chucking, so they run way behind on fly rods. Waiting for my second rod and then I'll...
  7. Scslat

Warm spring weather is coming! What are your fishing plans?

Got out to the Harrison River with some guys from a local club on Saturday, but no trout. Also, no salmon fry, which is why there were not trout. Another week, maybe? Beautiful and enjoyable day, nonetheless.
  8. Scslat

Warm spring weather is coming! What are your fishing plans?

Planning to nail some cutties on BC rivers as they go after those salmon fry.
  9. Scslat

Rod differences

This pretty much nails it. Almost all of my rods are USA-made. I like the finish and the way they fish, and I like buying American (I know, the economic benefits are complicated...) so I'm willing to pay more for that. But they were primarily purchased because I like how they fish. They just fit...
  10. Scslat

Pitt River BC Sea run cutthroat

Nice! Hoping to get out this week to the Pitt or Harrison.
  11. Scslat

Fave Ant Pattern?

This is essentially how I tie my ants, but the body segments are generally a bit larger in circumference. I've never tried side-by-side, but I just feel that the profile looks more ant-like by exaggerating the difference between the "waist" (where the legs and wing sit) and the thorax and abdomen.
  12. Scslat

6wts

Try a Winston. Pricey, but great feel.
  13. Scslat

Elk River?

We were planning an early August trip last year and cancelled due to high water temperatures. The previous trip we cancelled due to smoke. So I would suggest going earlier in the year and being flexible.
  14. Scslat

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and happy new year to the whole PNWflyfhishing family! May your year be filled with love and many tugs on the line.
  15. Scslat

Deals at online Retailers

No, I don't have it yet. I suspect that I won't get it until sometime in January (I hope). They did have a disclaimer that the sale may lead to a backorder situation, so we'll see. Once I get it, I'm happy to meet up sometime if you want to give it a try.