Recent content by Roper

1. Roper

Wok thread

So now I’ve read the manual and it says not to use it in a garage, dang it. I cleared a spot for it. I guess I’ll just be woking on nice days…
  2. Roper

Wok thread

BTU issue solved…
  3. Roper

Wok thread

Evan, I’ve been watching Ken Hom videos and he uses a cook top and seems to do fine. But I can see where a larger diameter gas flame would heat more surface of the wok.
  4. Roper

Wok thread

I’m seasoning the wok, but it seems localized at this point. With use will it spread around more?
  5. Roper

Wok thread

I’m going to try our cook top first. If it’s not up to the task I’m looking at a Camp Chef 14” single burner for the garage. It’s rated at 30,000 BTU’s.
  6. Roper

Wok thread

What about induction? My wok has a flat bottom. Our stove is a glass top and I’m not sure it’ll work well. I may have gotten the cart ahead of the horse…
  7. Roper

Wok thread

Is a Coleman camp stove enough to fire up a wok?
  8. Roper

Wok thread

I love stir fry but only did it in a frying pan. So I decided to up my game and bought a honest to goodness real wok. I have to season it first but I’m eager to get started using it. I’m browsing recipes and sauces but I know there’s some good cooks here. So jump in and share some of your...
  9. Roper

Second fishing trip in my new truck

1978 I bought a C10 heavy half, 350 4bbl, 4 on the floor, loved it…
  10. Roper

What Are You Eating?

Yup!
  11. Roper

What Are You Eating?

Risi E Bisi…
  12. Roper

Inches away from no cougar season

You took my question too seriously, think two legged…😉
  13. Roper

Someone define cougars…
  14. Roper

Who appointed the commissioners?
  15. Roper

Were the people of Washington even asked? I get the feeling it’s decided by unelected bureaucrats…