Recent content by Robert Engleheart

1. Robert Engleheart

Seeger Effect Strong in NE Oregon

That’s my truck…..
  2. Robert Engleheart

Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

Vikings get a B+ for JJ McCarthy at #10 and Broncos an F for Bo Nix at #12, WTF?
  3. Robert Engleheart

NFR They weren’t kidding auto insurance

If you are a Costco member they offer insurance through Connect, American Family Insurance. I pay $2360/year for 3 vehicles in California. Excellent service and claims experience.
  4. Robert Engleheart

Man I Love to Fish

In the ‘70’s some of the ponds along I5 south of PDX were stocked and some surprisingly big fish were occasionally caught. Ponds were created as a source of gravel for the highway. Nice to see the kids get it; well done sir!
  5. Robert Engleheart

A wet, windy week at Patagonian BaseCamp, Chile in mid-March

Very nice, can’t wait for the next installment.
  6. Robert Engleheart

Awesome Dogs of PNW

This is known to happen when dogs eat spawned salmon, the fish have large amounts of lactic acid which can cause lactic acidosis. Didn’t know it could happen with fresh fish; makes me wonder about the Alaskans who feed their dogs large amounts of Chums, how do they not get sick?
  7. Robert Engleheart

Microspey 4wt anyone?

What defines microspey; line weight, length? I have a Meiser CX in 12’6” labeled a 3,4,5 that Steve G recommends a 360 grain but the grain window labeled on the rod is 300-450. At 360 grains wouldn’t that traditionally be a 5 weight? Haven’t tried lighter lines but would like to.
  8. Robert Engleheart

Fish handling

In California, as in Washington I believe it’s illegal to lift a wild fish out of the water. Be nice to see violations get a fat fine.
  9. Robert Engleheart

High Rock the most dangerous beach in the country

Rite of passage in my youth was there, also floating the Sandy from Dodge to Oxbow in inner tubes.
  10. Robert Engleheart

FS Fly lines, all new in box. S.A., Rio, Airflo. One hand and spey

Ahh, so you have. My mistake, sorry
  11. Robert Engleheart

FS Fly lines, all new in box. S.A., Rio, Airflo. One hand and spey

Hi Rick Maybe you could delete the lines sold so as to make it easier to see what’s available?
  12. Robert Engleheart

2024 Skagit Steelhead

Last steelhead I landed was October on the Trinity in California. Stopped to visit my friend who lives on the river in a mobile home park that has some of the best water on the upper river. Mike stopped fishing several years prior due to COPD and other health issues but is a great source for...
  13. Robert Engleheart

New Opportunity?

Canning them removes the bones, we used to take them to a guy in NE Portland who smoked and canned them; delicious!
  14. Robert Engleheart

New Opportunity?

Quite a few spey fishers as well as SH casters are fishing the lower Sacramento for shad every spring. I can’t abide the slimy bastards, caught more than my share of them below Bonneville as a kid. I will admit that smoked and canned they are delicious.
  15. Robert Engleheart

Deals at online Retailers

MRFC has 40% off Simms, great customer service: https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/web-view?a=N8azeP&c=JjZJ3j&k=e6d04ec177694dec712ff649866c7c19&m=01HRW3DZ6END247A1HCR70MPAQ&r=343z9bQs