Recent content by Ricardo

1. Ricardo

Adhesive advice please - Scadden inflatable

Do you guys know how HH-66 compares with the E-6000? Any experience worth sharing?
  2. Ricardo

Lafontaine's yarn?

Thanks so much for your hint! I sent an email to them, let's see what they say. I also asked about how the original yarn relates to the stuff they are selling on their website... I'll report back. :-)
  3. Ricardo

Lafontaine's yarn?

Quick question, folks: I used to be able to buy Lafontaine's yarn at his website (www.bookmailer.com), but it looks like the site has been deprecated (I don't know since when, last time I bought yarn was a few years ago). Anyone knows if they moved it somewhere else? Any other reliable place to...
  4. Ricardo

Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

Awesome, thanks so much! I can most probably meet Sunday. Will send you a private message to arrange time and location.
  5. Ricardo

Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

Would those work on a fish cat 4? If so, I am interested, and I am local to the greater Seattle area.
  6. Ricardo

Backpacking in Eastern WA in May

Another great suggestion, thanks so much!
  7. Ricardo

Great! I’ll look into that, did not initially consider the OP so thanks so much!
  8. Ricardo

Well, maybe it is not meant to be backpacking in May in this part of the country… 😉
  9. Ricardo

Thanks! Any favorite lake in particular I should look into first? Also, are rattlesnakes out by May in that part of the state?
  10. Ricardo

In mid-May my wife and I will be celebrating our 18th anniversary. We love backpacking and we do it a lot in Summer around the Cascades on the western part of the state, so we would like to use the anniversary excuse to start backpacking earlier this year and drive east hoping for better camping...
  11. Ricardo

Tenkara gear

@Brian Miller - how does the tenjo line cast with those yarns hanging from it?
  12. Ricardo

Tenkara gear

Yes, you’re correct- excuse my brain fart: furled, not braided.
  13. Ricardo

Tenkara gear

No worries, first things first :cool:
  14. Ricardo

Tenkara gear

I am happy to meet up and show you the things I know. Nowadays there are so many videos in YouTube that you can learn almost anything by watching, but if you rather have someone explaining things to you face to face, we can meet up. I live in Sammamish. You’ll have to deal with my Spanish...
  15. Ricardo

Tenkara gear

I have never used tenjo-like lines, something new to experiment with. I tend to use thin leveled lines, number 3 or so, but I hate how much they kink when you store them when collapsing the rod, so for exploring new waters where you are constantly moving along the river I like braided lines. I...