Recent content by onefish

1. O

Uh, do we name the lake? Trip report protocol?

Take the techniques and tips and apply them to the water you are fishing. I don't want to know your hot spot, and I sure as hell will not be divulging mine, especially on the inter web.
  2. O

Uh, do we name the lake? Trip report protocol?

If you have to ask whether to name the lake you already know the answer.
  3. O

vices?

I love everything about this vise except the base. I removed the base plate, filled it with #7 lead shot and reattached the base plate. I now love everything about my stonfo! I tie everything rotary style.
  4. O

Fishfinder/depth sounder recommendation wanted

Full disclosure, I am a Lowrance guy. I have two 5 inch elites that still function as they should. I upgraded to a 7 inch elite FS touch screen. I didn't think I would like the touch screen, I was wrong, the touch screen works great. I have played around with other sounders. I find the...
  5. O

lithium battery questions

Here on Vancouver island, 2 months without fishing is extremely rare.
  6. O

https://leaptrend.com/blogs/news/should-i-charge-lifepo4-to-100 Just another article that discusses the reasons why you should not charge your LiFePO4 battery to 100% on a regular basis. I am 4 years in with what appears to me to be identical performance parameters with my Dakota 100ah...
  7. O

According to all the literature I have come across the discharge rate of LiFePO4 is between 1% and 2%/month. My Dakota 100ah came from the factory with about a 30% charge which is also what the literature says a new LiFePO4 battery will be charged at from the factory no matter the brand. If...
  8. O

2-Piece Rods

Another 2 piece fan, mostly for break down and storage convenience. My 4 piece rods only get broken down to 2 pieces. I have a 3 piece rpl that is my go to rod for beach fishing for coho. I love the rod for fishing, I HATE the 3 piece rod for breakdown and transport.
  9. O

Pike in the San Juan Islands?

Do pike eat bass and pumpkinseeds?
  10. O

https://www.solacity.com/how-to-keep-lifepo4-lithium-ion-batteries-happy/ This is a long article but it is an easy read and pretty much covers any questions you may have about LiFePO4 batteries. From the article To sum up, for long and happy LFP battery life, in order of importance, you should...
  11. O

Blob Flies!

You must have very large beads. My blobs are tied with 7/64 or 1/8 beads and the small size ketchum release tool works just fine. I have removed blobs where all I can see is the bead when looking down the throat of the fish.
  12. O

Blob Flies!

For deeply hooked fish these work great ( ketchum release tool ). Slide the line in the slot, slide tool down to the hook, push on the hook then pull out. I took out a power bait/ worm hook out of a fish I caught on a chironomid the other day where all I could see was the eye of the hook...
  13. 1709946967963.jpeg

1709946967963.jpeg

14. O

2024 NOF

You need to work with your Alaskan buddies in the SE Alaska fishery that targets non Alaskan salmon heading to rivers as far south as California. The Canadian troll fishery is almost closed now.
  15. O

New Motor: Which Color?

Silver/gray, get a Honda or Yammi