Recent content by notaspeyguy

1. N

Drift boat alternative?

@Matt B Thank you for the real world experience, good to hear I made the right choice!
  2. N

Drift boat alternative?

These tips seem to be the concensus...I have passed on the boat in favor of my original plan to save my pennies for a raft or pontoon...safer and purpose built...Thanks a bunch for the insight guys!!!
  3. N

Drift boat alternative?

I'm on a coastal river in Oregon, so not too flat...thanks @PhilR, kinda what I was thinking
  4. N

Drift boat alternative?

Hi guys I'm being offered a 10 ft boat similar to the one pictured for free and was wondering if anyone has ever used one as a drift boat or is there a reason it would not work. It's not this exact model but very similar. Thanks!!
  5. img_k1wCGWmimi.jpg

img_k1wCGWmimi.jpg

6. N

Post surgical tying

Left full reconstruction (rotator cuff, cartilage, pectoral detachment, the works) 10 years ago after a car accident...decent amount of pain for 2 weeks, was back tying after 3...I tie right handed but my left is more useful than I thought, it was hard to hold my left elbow up to hold...
  7. N

NFR What Are You Reading

Heard of this one ^^^ glad to hear it's good, I feel like I'd stop reading about the time the 18th century came around as my interest wanes at about that time, save for the NA fur trade era....I just finished for the 3rd time now "Children of Ash and Elm" by Neil Price...an unapologetic and...
  8. N

Carp

That's crazy! Never seen 'em so aggressive.. I've only gotten them to eat a fly while they're actively feeding/tailing... good on you!
  9. N

Need flies tied

OK...
  10. N

Need flies tied

Not the only reason we tie... it's an artistic extension of the fly fishing hobby...money's not everything
  11. N

Running Lines

I may have missed it but did anyone mention Berkley Big Game? It comes in neon green, red, and clear (maybe other colors)...less than 8 bucks for a 330 yard spool...needs to to be stretched just as often as anything else, before the fishing day in summer, between runs in winter...IMHO Lazar line...
  12. N

Need flies tied

Try flytyingforum.com, many of those guys are great tiers, some commercial guys over there too
  13. N

How's summer going?

I've got one summer steelhead river within "worth it" driving distance to me, the Siletz, it's got dismal numbers just like the Wilson/Trask/Nestucca area
  14. N

How's summer going?

This may not go over well....brown trout are fun, get big, and can be sea run...just sayin'...
  15. N

How's summer going?

Yes!! To experience what you said, I'd sell some sh*t to pay for that...