Recent content by mems

1. mems

Straight outta Scotland - Barrio Fly Lines

You can google Vosseler reels and find some shops that sell them. The Scotland fly line reel looks like one of their older models but under $200 is a great price point. I like the S arm model. German stuff is well made.
  2. mems

Straight outta Scotland - Barrio Fly Lines

The reels are Vosselers made in Germany I have a couple, very nice reels. Nick Jones used to be the rep for them in USA. Don’t know what he is up to now. Price looks good they are a little heavy but very durable, similar to a Solitude reel.
  3. mems

Raquel passed away today

And she was not “mother”
  4. mems

Raquel passed away today

What a beautiful woman. She never did a nude for playboy. RIP
  5. mems

Carp - The golden bonefish

They wanted to make a movie about a killer carp. They were going to call it LIPS
  6. mems

NFL 2022 Season

I wish there was a little more of a build up to this game, you know hype. Dak got booed bad for the Walter Peyton award. Guess Eagles fans don’t care for him.
  7. mems

Christmas island recommendations?

You have a year to plan. They will provide you with a list of gear you need. The fun thing there is you can screw around with the bones. You can strip the fly away from then and they will chase and get pissed off and hammer the fly. You can't do that here in Hawaii. If you need to know what...
  8. mems

Check out my avatar, that is Bitta with a GT. Flywater travel is great, Dylan is very helpful. The lodge is in town so you save on truck time to the boats. The view of the sunsets are great. The food is ok and there is no bar but they will have beer and water for you there. Get your favorite...
  9. mems

NFR Flyover at the Superbowl

Women flying jets, very cool. Does any one remember when Stevie Wonder drove a car for AIG insurance while singing a song during the half time show?
  10. mems

An incredible opportunity and fishing

Provide easements across private land for the general public use. Beach front property in Hawaii has to allow public access. Of course many try to make it as difficult or as limited as possible, but in theory no one owns a beach in Hawaii. Bezos and Zuckerberg think they do.
  11. mems

NFL 2022 Season

12. 1312DF16-4D6E-4A62-9624-F0BEA116C12F.png

1312DF16-4D6E-4A62-9624-F0BEA116C12F.png

13. mems

I am booked for April 4-11. They are hoping to have a couple of flights in March. They need to get fuel for the planes on island. We have had this trip canceled twice already. We have our fingers crossed it will happen. We will be staying at Icari house. The fishing should be good, no one...
  14. mems

Watch where you are wading….

Had one eat a black skipjack off the line down in baja, Luke was impressed.
  15. mems

NFR Humor

I was walking with a girl in Hilo during a rain storm. We were both under the same umbrella and she asked me how this weather was like sex. I responded that I didn’t know. She answered with a giggle, “Well you don’t know how long it will last or how many inches you will get.”