Recent content by matchu865

1. matchu865

Weird things in the woods

Today driving out hunting in the dark we came across some logs that were obviously put in place by a human to block the a pretty popular forest service road, we could tell because one was cut with a saw. They were big enough to not be able to drive over or around, but easily moved by hand. There...
  2. matchu865

kill nets

Chums were going for $0.40/lb in Sitka early August, I've got no clue what the price is now, but a lot of the trollers just quit fishing due to price.
  3. matchu865

Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

EDIT - Spoken for. If their not picked up next week I'll delete this edit. Free Simms wading boots, rubber sole, size 9. They are well used but still functional. They are a bit too small for me. Pickup in Seattle (Madison Valley). PM for my address, they'll be on the porch.
  4. matchu865

Pheasant at Marymoor

Thankfully I've already got a few - but it was a pretty bird!
  5. matchu865

Pheasant at Marymoor

Saw this guy today on the drive in. I didn't know they were putting a release site next to the dog park ;)
  6. Pheasant.jpg

Pheasant.jpg

7. matchu865

Silencer Central Opinions

I waited like 280 days for my first silencer - a Surefire Socom 300 SPS. I really enjoy shooting a lot more with the suppressor on, but in hindsight I do wish I went with a lighter direct thread can first as my main use case is hunting and target shooting with bolt action rifles. I used silencer...
  8. matchu865

WDFW big game draw results

Loser over here as well
  9. matchu865

Green River (Utah)

Fished with Old Moe & Spinner Fall two years ago with Hank Boem and another guide whose name I forgot. Both were great, and we caught a ton of big fish on hoppers (July). I liked the B-section float a lot better than the A-section, even thought the A-section is arguably prettier, there is a...
  10. matchu865

Trout Spey on the deschutes question.

Throw on a small spoon/spinner at the end of your leader to see how many fish you missed.
  11. matchu865

Harvest ‘21. whatcha get?

He’ll drag a duck about 10ft…. In the backyard. We’re working on it, but I don’t have much in terms of expectations. He is only a year old and has been out in the field twice. He’s not gun shy though which is a big plus.
  12. matchu865

Swinging both ways

I sometimes swing small spinners and spoons using a Spey rod. Way more effective than Spey flies, especially when there’s no steelhead and you’d just want to hook a trout or something. Better than using a spinning rod because you can toss smaller spinners that would only work with an ultralight...
  13. matchu865

Harvest ‘21. whatcha get?