Recent content by MarshRat

1. MarshRat

Recommend a mid-price WF8F line for sight casting

Not casting all day, and most shots are 30-50ft. I'm just looking for a line that cast's nicely. I've gone through ~5 budget lines (Rio mainstream, SA frequency, Maxcatch, etc.) and I just want to get something a bit smoother. Not opposed to textured lines. Throwing seaducers, clousers, crab...
  2. MarshRat

2024 Fishing Aspirations

Any fishing-related goals or plans for 2024? New species, new personal best, new destination, new technique? Maybe you already have something scheduled that you're looking forward to? My goal is a flood tide redfish out of my own boat. Bought the boat mid-summer, wrenched on it for a few...
  3. MarshRat

The “Purdiest” trout…

Redbands are the most striking trout I've caught. Dark, deep colors.
  4. IMG_9720.jpg

IMG_9720.jpg

5. IMG_9033.jpg

IMG_9033.jpg

6. foto_no_exif.jpg

foto_no_exif.jpg

7. MarshRat

fave bull rod set-up?

Echo Ion XL 6wt 10' for North Sound bulls. Never fished the Met. I don't mind an 8wt if that's the recommendation, nice to have the backbone when needed.
  8. MarshRat

Wintertime Boat Attire

Haha yeah, I guess you're right! I no longer own waders/wading boots, so looking for something comparable I guess.
  9. MarshRat

Wintertime Boat Attire

Air temps are cooling here in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. I expect most fishing days will be spent in the 50-60's from now until March. I spent last winter fishing the saltwater marsh on a paddleboard, and I eventually found that quick-dry nylon pants and neoprene "paddling" wetshoes were...
  10. MarshRat

What's Catching You Fish?

Nice rezzie. I love the look of this reel, what is it?
  11. MarshRat

Sun-up Shakedown

Thanks! I got a Lifetime Horizon. Very stable and seems indestructible, but the hollow hull is quite loud. I have to be careful not knocking the board with the paddle.
  12. MarshRat

Sun-up Shakedown

With water temps slowly rising in the Charleston marshes, I've been anxious to return to the grass flats and sightfish cruising reds. March is a little early for this style of fishing, as the prey that inhabit the grass flats can be slow to return from winter hideouts. However, a recent...
  13. IMG-2639.jpg

IMG-2639.jpg

14. IMG-2621.jpg

IMG-2621.jpg

15. MarshRat

Need trip ideas for late June.

Northern Idaho- NF CDA, St. Joe, NF Clearwater etc. Camping and cutthroat, can't beat it.