Recent content by Landlocked

1. Landlocked

College Football 2024

5-months. This guy said it was his third job, his dream job and he wasn’t moving again. Something smells bad in Muttlake (AMC?) and Softy is trying to grab clicks saying the UW is going after Pat Chun… Dannen showed his breakaway speed away from Udump, despite the excess weight & slow 40 time...
  2. Landlocked

March Madness 2024

Rooting hard for all PAC teams to make a good run. Every win is worth 2-million to the Cougs and Beavs going forward! Hell, I’m even rooting for the Ducks at this point.
  3. Landlocked

Finally!

I wondered what the wind was doing across the state line. Drove up to Ogden yesterday and it was HOWLING up there with the easterlies. Figured this may break up the SW WY reservoirs pretty quick. Way to get after it!
  4. Landlocked

March Madness 2024

They haven’t been able to find the basket much since beating AZ in Tucson a few weeks ago. Blew 3 winnable games. Now instead of dancing in Spokane, they get Omaha, 2-hours from Drake. If they win that then they most likely get Iowa State who just crushed Houston (led by old WSU coach from my...
  5. Landlocked

Boat bags?

I was gifted a large Simms boat bag for Christmas. Very grateful for that gift. Also very anxious about the transfer of my “stuff” out of the DeWalt toolbox. Who’d of thunk it would create so much anxiety!
  6. Landlocked

Boat bags?

I bought a Dewalt brand toolbox with a gaskets lid at Home Depot for $29 bucks. Stores all but the Bugger Beast type of streamer boxes. Has the top tray that keeps tippet and misc crap handy right at the rower feet. Saw some Wy guides using it a few years back. Won’t set you back much money and...
  7. Landlocked

Wet Flies for Lakes

Anywhere callibaetis are in the system, I’ll use the Herl May pattern. I think it’s a Rowley pattern. Works every time on the high desert lakes in the Intermountain West and I’ve had friends use it in the Seeps and Central Wa lakes with great success. Super easy tie.
  8. IMG_9933.jpeg

IMG_9933.jpeg

9. Landlocked

Edge Oars?

I’m not sure this opinion matters for squat, but I’ve rowed a buddy’s Stealthcraft Sniper with Smoker Bandits the same day I row my Clack with Square tops. Many days we switch off while on floats. I can’t get used to the feel or flex of the carbon Bandits. They just feel weird. Maybe it’s with...
  10. Landlocked

NFR "The Hypocrite" TGR film about advocacy/fossil fuels/Outdoor State

Yeah, it takes plenty of gas to help produce some $1500 DPS carbon fiber skis and some Black Diamond skins to fit. Same goes for whatever newest stick Sage, Winston, T&T, Echo etc… we are buying. If we don’t like it, go figure out how to bend some boards outa ash and kill a few muskrat for...
  11. Landlocked

29.99 MOW Tips?!

Thanks so much for sending those over! Means a ton to me. I’ll get some loops knotted on them and put to good use. Much appreciated Sculpin Swinger!!
  12. Landlocked

College Football 2023

Kliaklown canned today.
  13. Landlocked

Run Etiquette

Last week, fishing in Wa, I floated past a couple of guys who popped in a run 30 yards below me and worked their way up towards me. They pulled a nice 10-12 pound fish out of the meatiest spot on the run. One was carrying a pistol in a chest holster, so I didn’t care to try to make convo for...
  14. Landlocked

Recommend a mid-price WF8F line for sight casting

Check out Sierra.com, the big names will usually put last years lines up for a good discount. They come and go, but plenty of salt lines on there at most times
  15. Landlocked

29.99 MOW Tips?!

@SculpinSwinger-this is one reason I love this community. The willingness to help others, so a huge thank you! The one place in the top wallet I’m pretty well covered is T-14. I have a MOW and another length of it that I must have ordered from Poppy a dozen years or so ago. But thank you for...