Recent content by Justadd Water

1. J

SOLD Sold Cannondale Synapse Sora Disc 2018 (Road bicycles, frame size 56cm)

Looks like a good deal but, I have too many bikes already.
  2. J

Scientific Anglers paper fly line spools

So the plastic spools are single for some but, not for everyone. May I suggest that the people that don’t reuse their spools post them in the classified rather than tossing them? You may be converting single use plastic into multi-use plastic. I personally think that a significant motivation...
  3. J

I appreciate everyone’s comments and poll answers. I would have assumed that more people stored their extra lines on the plastic spools but, I stand corrected. Guess I’ll try to find a dozen empties that nobody wants. Old habits die hard and I really don’t want to start rolling up my lines a...
  4. J

FS Line clean out

I’ll take the SA Mastery MPX WF5F. Shoot me your paypal and I’ll get funds headed your way in the morning.
  5. J

So anyone that has recently purchased an SA fly line probably received it on a paper/cardboard spool rather than a plastic spool. Personally I like the plastic spool to store my lines on when doing a different type of fishing or trying other lines. I just use a little Dewalt screw gun with a...
  6. J

Bass on the fly advice...

Josh, It looks like you have good advice already. My go to rod for bass is a BIIISX, 9ft 8wt. Still looking for a “bass” floating line but, anything that will turn over a larger fly will work. A 9wt Salmon/Steelhead line works just fine for me. I’ve got SA Titan Long in the mail. It has a...
  7. J

T & T 1611 line recommendations

Thank you, Dan. I had forgotten about Nextcast. It looks like the FF70 is out of stock but, I’ll keep an eye out for it
  8. J

Deschutes Closes For Steelhead 6/1

I’d say that would be good move but, only if they close ALL steelhead fishing (including commercial and tribal) on the entire Columbia basin for a few years. I love fishing for steelhead but, would support it. These halfassed closures make no sense.
  9. J

T & T 1611 line recommendations

I have a big ol‘ Thomas & Thomas 3 piece 16 ft 11 weight Spey rod. I bought it a few years ago and never got around to using it. Recently posted it for sale on another site but, no bites so I may as well line it up. It could be useful for Steelhead and Salmon on the Snake or Clearwater. So...
  10. J

Been watching for awhile and decided to join PNW Fly Fishing. I’ve been over at WFF and Spey...

Been watching for awhile and decided to join PNW Fly Fishing. I’ve been over at WFF and Spey Pages (using the same handle) for a few years but, the ads are completely out of control. I don’t think anyone is home on those sites most of the time so others must feel the same adversity to...
  11. J

WTT Lamson Litespeed 2, Series IV

Mike, what’s the weight of that reel? I have a Lamson Litespeed Micra Lite LS-2 that’s lighter than a Galvan T-4. It’s weighs in at 4.19 oz. If yours is heavier I might be interested in a trade. I don’t really follow the Lamson product line (use Galvan and Abel for single hand) but, need...
  12. J

Scotty doodads

I’ve learned to minimize on dodads anywhere near where I’ll be casting. Too many caught lines and tangles. FYI - The Scottie and Ram mounts are handy for many tasks. I’ve built Teflon custom adapter plates for various devices and mounts by using cheap or well used cutting boards.
  13. J

Wanted Sotar Strike

Let me know if you find more than you are looking for. :) Good luck. Gotta love a Sotar.