Jim in Anacortes's latest activity

• J
    Jim in Anacortes replied to the thread NFR Humor.
    I asked "Siri".."Why am I still single?"...my front facing camera turned on.
  • J
    Jim in Anacortes replied to the thread Lings.
    IMHO, Lingcod makes for a good fish taco. A "white sauce" with a quality tortilla, combined with finely chopped cabbage and my favorite...
  • J
    Jim in Anacortes replied to the thread Monster Turtle.
  • J
    I was once fishing a small stream in the Ozark's for Small Mouth bass with a topwater. I fished downstream to an area where the locals...
  • J
    As a kid growing up in the East, snapping turtles were fearsome and feared. "Skinny dipping" was often employed. And then there was the...
  • J
    I had a girlfriend that went kayaking in San Diego Bay one day. She was terrified by some "monster" "as big as a fifty five gallon oil...
  • J
    Jim in Anacortes replied to the thread Little Update.
    And the photo in post #115, is quite remarkable (IMHO). The six men, (all beaming with joy) as they all triumphantly hold up an enormous...
  • J
    Post #115.. that is going to be hard to beat for the best post ever on this forum.
  • J
    Jim in Anacortes replied to the thread Lings.
    IMHO one of the best tasting fish on the planet. In California , I would catch them by simply dropping a very elongated swim bait (on a...
  • J
    Jim in Anacortes replied to the thread Eels.
    Humbly trying not to derail the thread,,,are these "slime eels" in the PNW ever used as bait?
  • J
    This thread compelled me to shop for an eel skin wallet on Amazon. I like the $70 one. The feel of an eel's hide..it is unique.
  • J
    In California they have Moray Eels. They used to be quite common, but I believe they were over harvested (commercially). They never bit...
  • J
    That sure is inspirational..and very good news. I got my first 50 ton ocean operators license in 1983 (didn't use it much). I now have...
  • J
    What did the cannibal get from his wife when he was late for dinner?.... The cold shoulder.
  • J