Recent content by Jagosh

1. J

Run Etiquette

Interesting timing to stumble into this thread for me. I walked into THE spey clave hole this afternoon and encountered for the first time, spey anglers. Walked right up to the gents at the top and chatted and they fit me and my float gear below them, a fine group, and I move fast to the bottom...
  2. J

Non-Fly Jig Twitching - What you all doin!?

I appreciate the banter we have here and the good natured barbs. We can’t do that over there, the world would melt! With love, Your favorite angler
  3. J

So this is no longer a twitching thread?
  4. J

Non-Fly River chum techniques?

Witnessed exactly that today. My big pink jig was out fished by a guy across from me 2-6 this afternoon with his little pink jig. Gent was putting on a clinic and that is normally me in that spot!:)
  5. J

That sounds like fun. It would be rare to find the room to drift fish for chin where I am at but every once in awhile I find myself alone in the spot and will come prepared.
  6. J

Sir, this is the Dirtbag forum, take that tweed jacket elsewhere!!! Fun stuff. So when swinging, is it drifting down directly below you? It’s been said ad naseum by us folks that you are standing where the fish are, in the travel lane, but if swinging means it’s drifting down into said lane I...
  7. J

I always add it, any little advantage I can find I will use it. I use the water soluble spray though I use feather jigs only.
  8. J

Sandy River Cedar Creek Hatchery Counts

Yes indeed! I was the one in waders calling it a day. Toad of a chinook down low but no love the rest of my day. Coho rolling at Oxbow and Dodge
  9. J

Did you talk to a haggard looking dude at Dodge this afternoon?
  10. J

Oh alright, I’ll give it up as well here, not elsewhere. I don’t twitch in deep pools, ever. Seems to be a complete waste of time. Fast water at the head and also the tail outs. It’s amusing to fish the top alone, catch. Walk by all the guys throwing at the rollers in the deep and then catching...
  11. J

It’s funny how we all do it correctly, differently. Another thing I focus on is I want to see that slack line as I drop the rod tip fast. Hooksets are for bass fisherman.
  12. J

Non-Fly Dead Zone reports

Morning shift, 4 bright chinook and one big coho, lots of keeper jacks. Friendly reminder to you fellas that there is no deadline, we were near Longview, not the deadline but I’m too lazy to start another thread.
  13. J

Yes! Never forget, this river has less opportunity AFTER they removed the dam. If someone wants to be fussy, they were planted in the Salmon River. Some folks will remember the gravel pit.
  14. J

Am I reading that right? 23 total return at the hatchery for summer steelhead? Did they stop that program?
  15. J

Non-Fly Dead Zone reports

I’m laughing to myself on the other place. Guy posts a screenshot of his fish finder showing very nice marks at 15ft and says he’s out 30ft with 16oz… I want to say something so bad… kinda like pulling warts above Chinook:)!!!