Recent content by Hillbilly Redneck

1. IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

2. Hillbilly Redneck

Stillie gamefish opportunities.

Joe lived on the corner of Swede Haven and Hwy 530 right across the street from the fire station. I heard he passed away a few years ago and have'nt seen his kids or grandkids around for a long time. I remember thinking at first that Joe himself had posted those and he was taunting the fly...
  3. Hillbilly Redneck

Anyone remember the signs that were posted at the popular spots on the NF about 25 years ago. Someone was obviously frustrated with one of the local poachers. The signs read something like “ My name is Joe Brown and I hit the water at 1:00 pm after all the legal fisherman have left the river… I...
  4. Hillbilly Redneck

Instead of enforcement just shut it down so only the illegals get to use the resource. Not one Chinook will be saved. The guys I talked to a few years ago floating eggs under bobbers at Fortson in July were not a small group of fly fishermen.
  5. Hillbilly Redneck

Microspey 4wt anyone?

I've built trout speys with gbflyshop.com and Proof Flyfishing blanks. Lots of fun throwing big streamers if you get them lined right.
  6. Hillbilly Redneck

What are you listening to?

I saw Flight to Mars last night at the Showbox. Flight to Paulie - A tribute to Paulie Passarelli. Tons of super talented artists playing tons of great music.
  7. Hillbilly Redneck

What's in your vise?

Intruder Alert!
  8. IMG_4709.jpg

IMG_4709.jpg

9. IMG_4718 2.jpg

IMG_4718 2.jpg

10. IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

11. IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

12. Hillbilly Redneck

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

I haven't had a chance to cast it overhand with anything other than the Commando line and that's always clunky. It doesn't seem like that heavy of a rod. I've got a #5 line I'm going to try on it before I buy anything heavier. I'll try to report back.
  13. Hillbilly Redneck

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

Just finished building this 10' #6 rod. I bought the NFC blank with still water indicator fishing in mind. It has a removable fighting butt. I went out today and threw a 250 grain Commando Groove with a tip on it and it casted pretty well two handed. I think I'll build a longer handle to swap...
  14. IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg