Recent content by dirty dog

1. dirty dog

SFR AKC Golden Retriever.puppies

Here they are at 3 weeks old. Getting to their feet.
  2. dirty dog

Stolen Time….

Great fishing below the dam
  3. dirty dog

Man I Love to Fish

Love those smiles
  4. dirty dog

No fish were harmed for this report

I really like the pic of the Fly rod shop with the live bait sign. Made me LOL
  5. dirty dog

Stolen Time….

Those are some nice fish. My son lives in Helena and those pics bring back memories of some great fishing with my son. Thanks
  6. dirty dog

rocky ford today

I miss fishing RF. Sure I can fish for steelhead in winter right here in my neighborhood. But what I miss is the nice easy walk to the creek, lots of casting room and steelhead size trout to catch. This N. Umpqua river is a bitch for an ole guy to just get to the river bank in most places. The...
  7. dirty dog

We got these deer coming in

Something else for the wolves to eat.
  8. dirty dog

You bet JS Get in touch and you could have the pick of the litter.
  9. dirty dog

Bad outing for FlyFish Dan

I'm gonna make a comment about a sage rod that my friend was gifted. Really nice 9' 4wt, but what I could not believe was the reel seat was plastic, I mean really. I bought a least expensive Redington 9' 5wt at a closeout price of less than $100.00 with a real wood reel seat and stainless parts...
  10. dirty dog

Oregon hatchery bleach attack

"Get a rope"
  11. dirty dog

Practice casting, practice and practice some more..!

I'll second that also. My first bone fishing trip was a great time and I caught few nice bones. My guide made my trip and made a big difference to my DIYS trips after that. Sight fishing the flats is the bomb.
  12. dirty dog

Sure looks like her mother
  13. dirty dog

NFR They weren’t kidding auto insurance

YUP, ours went up 40% also. Here in OR, ya can't get lic. plates without Insurance, ya also loose yer drivers license So these folks are driving around without insurance, license, or tabs on their plates. MMMM what is wrong with that pic.
  14. dirty dog

gear price jumps

I bought a new Rio DT3F for my 9 ft RL Winston and was able to cast to the backing. The WF3F for the other 3wt 7'8' rod has way to much running line to be able to cast all of it. When I need a new fly line I look for the close outs, which is last years line and they seem to last just as long as...
  15. dirty dog

gear price jumps

Here I am on a pretty much fixed income, and with the cost of living going up faster than the cost of living raise, I just don't see how to keep up. Home owners and car ins. increases really caught me by surprise this year. With a little searching I can still find fly fishing gear and hand tools...