Dave Westburg's latest activity

• Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Doug Moore's post in the thread Tom Fulk RIP with Like Like.
    I met Tom about three years ago and he taught me how to build bamboo rods. I was able to make two rods under his supervision. When his...
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Kado's post in the thread Tom Fulk RIP with Like Like.
    I had the pleasure of building a three piece version of his 'London Flats' taper down in Ascension Bay. Caught my first ever bonefish...
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Josh's post in the thread Tom Fulk RIP with Like Like.
    He's a guy I always wanted to meet and never had the opportunity. Warm thoughts to his friends and family.
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to wanderingrichard's post in the thread Tom Fulk RIP with Like Like.
    Sad to hear of the loss of another master craftsman. They're getting too few and far between, no matter the discipline.
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Greg Armstrong's post in the thread Tom Fulk RIP with Like Like.
    Sad to hear of this. Dave, I suspect you’ll fish that stream with the rod it was named for in his honor this coming season.
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Mike Monsos's post in the thread Tom Fulk RIP with Like Like.
    Sorry to hear of Tom's passing. I remember him sharing his method for developing tapers and graphing the taper out up at a Corbett...
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg replied to the thread Tom Fulk RIP.
    I'll probably make the trip in late summer. You need to join me.
  • Dave Westburg
    I was told tonight that Anacortes bamboo rodmaker Tom Fulk died a couple weeks ago. Tom built brisk 5,6 and 7 weight rods, mostly 7-8'...
    • 07A6DCB0-512D-4983-9592-1C8EA3C446E3_1_105_c.jpeg
    • 1AC85E21-8FF3-4EE3-A7FC-006E0452CBAE_1_105_c.jpeg
    • 42E7E649-BF95-4B20-9825-981D6AF3A177_1_105_c.jpeg
    • 59EA909B-1F7D-4093-8F27-9CCCBC4A9776_1_105_c.jpeg
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Buzzy's post in the thread 2-Piece Rods with Like Like.
    Huh! Interesting, not something I would have considered - I thought "travel" was the main reason for shorter rod pieces (4 V. 2) so...
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Brian in OR.'s post in the thread 2-Piece Rods with Like Like.
    All my four piece rods are two piece rods. I leave them strung up in half in a two-piece rod case that way they’re ready to go(y)
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Robert Engleheart's post in the thread 2024 Skagit Steelhead with Like Like.
    Last steelhead I landed was October on the Trinity in California. Stopped to visit my friend who lives on the river in a mobile home...
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Salmo_g's post in the thread Anchor with Like Like.
    I use an old timey 5# window weight to anchor my pram. If it doesn't hold, it means that the wind is too much for me to cast in anyway.
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg reacted to Sam Roffe's post in the thread Anchor with Like Like.
    I don't think you really don't need much on a calm day and soft bottom. If there is any wind then maybe a little more weight. 8-10...
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg replied to the thread 2-Piece Rods.
    3 piece bamboo rods fit nicely in the Alaska airlines overhead bin and my Sharpes 12-14' rods are three piece but I prefer 2 piece...
  • Dave Westburg
    Dave Westburg replied to the thread Anchor.
    So do I need a 10 lb anchor to hold a 6' pram? Any chance I can get away with something lighter?