Recent content by Coach Potter

1. Coach Potter

Inches away from no cougar season

I participated in WA Wildlife issues for a long time. I grew weary and bitter...I didn't like what I was becoming. My wife called me out one day as being a "perpetual complainer," a trait I despise. I thought about that for a while (several weeks) and came to the conclusion we should move to a...
  2. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

Spring is becoming my favorite time to be in the back country...right now it's 1a-fall and 1b spring :). Fall colors are amazing but spring colors are amazing in their own right. I also see more wildlife in spring than I do fall.
  3. Coach Potter

I will see if I can find the statements of the 2 commissioners I am referring to.
  4. Coach Potter

I believe it’s the Governor.
  5. Coach Potter

There were also some Covid shenanigans pulled to get a couple of these commissioners appointed and that feels underhanded.
  6. Coach Potter

I hear what you're saying but these commissioners aren't elected, they are appointed...they only represent the agenda of the person who appointed them. They are sort of government but not really. The more frustrating part is that they are allowed to make decisions based on opinion even when...
  7. Coach Potter

There are people on that commission who are fundamentally opposed to hunting…and they are winning.
  8. Coach Potter

Bizarre Elongated Fins on Rainbow Trout

Wow! That’s pretty cool and crazy.
  9. Coach Potter

Guided trip question

I don't have millions of guide trips under my belt. I'm an "overflow" guide for our local outfitter....only do 10-15 trips/yr. However, my favorite clients over the last few years have been those that were excited to become a better angler and used me to help them learn some of what they are...
  10. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

The descents are hard on my knees. I lean on my trekkers pretty hard coming down.
  11. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

It is so steep! I had a real psychological battle with it my first couple of trips. I spent a lot of time working on stability over the fall and winter. I'm no spring chicken so it took me a while to get prepared. My preparation this year made the trip incredibly enjoyable. Last night I...
  12. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

He let me put a GoPro right in his face…it’s really cool footage of him drumming.
  13. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

That country is incredibly vertical…it’s humbling…but it might be the most spectacular place I’ve ever seen.
  14. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

15. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear