Recent content by chief

1. chief

Chironomid body wrap?

I have been using Togen’s “Chirony Skin” and recently “Buzzer Wrap” both with good results. It comes in lots of colors.
  2. chief

Panama

Back in around 2006 I stayed at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort, which is near the town of Gamboa that was built to house canal zone workers on the Panama Canal. My wife and I went out with a local guide and fished on Lake Gatun and/or the Panama Canal. The guide was more of a conventional...
  3. chief

River Rights ... Again

I lived in the Bay Roc apartments on Lake Oswego for a few years in the late 90's. They had a swimming dock that accessed the lake and I used to fish off of it quite a bit in the summer after work. The fishing was pretty good. I would typically catch a mixed bag of bluegill, crappie, perch, and...
  4. chief

Deals at online Retailers

I just received the tippet I ordered, and the product looks as advertised, but it was shipped from an individual's address in Chubbuck Idaho. So I guess they don't have a shop in San Francisco any longer? Maybe online only now, homebased? Either way I can't complain about $3 spools of...
  5. chief

This is a pretty good price for fluorocarbon tippet - https://lelandfly.com/products/moonlitfluoro
  6. chief

vices?

The Regal Medallion with two sets of jaws, regular and big game, covers all of my needs.
  7. chief

What's in your vise?

This pattern got my mind working too. I tied up a couple with foam on the back two sections and a tungsten bead on the front. One is a straight shank and one is a jig shank. Made a mess, but I think these will swim well!
  8. Articulated maribou.jpg

Articulated maribou.jpg

9. chief

SOLD SOLD - Loop Opti Speed Runner Fly Reel

Still available
  10. chief

Where did you purchase this?
  11. chief

TFO Pro II vs. Fenwick Boron X

Sierra Trading post is selling TFO Pro II 9' 6wt rods for $99 right now. That would do everything you are asking, especially if you are serious about dabbling with smaller steelhead.
  12. chief

Still available. Soflodgerick never came through.
  13. chief

Upcoming Carp Clave...Boardman, Oregon

No worries, I understand you have a challenging position moderating the discussions on the forum.
  14. chief

Upcoming Carp Clave...Boardman, Oregon

Things must have gotten out of hand after I went to bed last night. I didn't think my post was that out of line. Just expressing irritation for hotspotting. First time I've ever been censored on a forum. I will leave it at I don't have great feelings about this event.
  15. chief

Loop Opti Speed Runner super large arbor fly reel. It has been used but is in good condition. It has a few light scratches as can be seen in the photos. This reel has a 5" spool diameter resulting in faster line pick-up than almost any other reel ever marketed and has a strong smooth drag. A...