Recent content by Ceviche

1. C

Martha

Internal combustion engines are banned. Electric motors are fine.
  2. C

Martha

Any of you jokers out there fished Martha a few weeks back, on a Friday with the parking lot full of vehicles? Me and my friend were the in the float tubes at the Northwest end. We chatted with one or two anglers. Just wondering who they were. There was a gear guy in a kayak, but he was on...
  3. C

Martha

I hit Martha (ouch!) a couple of weeks ago. Water level back to historic norm. Always a good thing, as old lessons learned become new options again. Took a couple of hours before my friend and I cracked the key. Was on a Friday. Hard to remember, as I earned myself a mild concussion...
  4. C

Are Pass Lake Browns Gone?

Same smell at Martha Lake WB. It’s been years there for me, too.
  5. C

What are you listening to?

Nick Cave has been so underappreciated. Brilliant artist!
  6. C

After making that song, Stevie wanted to join The Heartbreakers. Tom just said, “No.”
  7. C

I made the mistake of listening to The 5th Dimension's version of Laura Nyro's "Wedding Bell Blues." Marilyn McCoo's vocals remain like nothing else. It's been at least a week, and I still can't get it out of my head! So bad, I think I need ayahuasca therapy.
  8. C

New Opportunity?

I know I have a fish ID book, dating back by decades, that stated that Stripers are in the Columbia River. "Have been..." So how about Willapa Bay and Gray's Harbor? Dreaded thoughts.
  9. C

New Opportunity?

Tilapia can be passed off as shitty catfish. Similar muddy taste but worse to nasty, if compared to farmed catfish (pond-raised and fed cornmeal). I can't remember the literary reference, but I do recall some mention of "shad roe" somewhere during my English degree education. Negative...
  10. C

Montana man used animal tissue and testicles to breed ‘giant’ sheep for sale to hunting preserves (Bos Globe)

Ummmm.... Ah.... I guess I won't ask what you're really saying. :eek:
  11. C

Martha

Could. It. Be. Time. For. A. Northern Pike. Clave? Aggression The northern pike is a relatively aggressive species, especially with regard to feeding. For example, when food sources are scarce, cannibalism develops, starting around five weeks in a small percentage of populations.[16] This...
  12. C

Wet Flies for Lakes

Golden Yellow pheasant rump, no less! If you can find it.
  13. C

Washington-Seattle area tolls

It’s what I do.
  14. C

NFR Anybody want to shoot some owls....

Jim, are you secretly a crypto owl? Just asking for a friend.