Recent content by aaronj

1. aaronj

Clouser power

Gorgeous fish!
  2. aaronj

Are Pass Lake Browns Gone?

My encounters with Browns at Pass have been positive. Yes, they tend to be grinders, staying below the surface in their struggle for freedom. Still, it's always a little exciting to see one coming in toward the net...photos all of Pass Brownies from the past.
  3. 63221in_Brown.JPG

63221in_Brown.JPG

4. 63219in_Female_Brown.JPG

63219in_Female_Brown.JPG

5. Pass Lake Brown in Hand.JPG

Pass Lake Brown in Hand.JPG

6. Pass Lake Brown.JPG

Pass Lake Brown.JPG

7. aaronj

Was there yesterday. Slow going, fish were super-tuned into the large chironomids hatching. On a hunch, I switched to an emerger pattern, cast it toward rise rings and turned up the patience. After a few casts I was rewarded with a 19 inch Rainbow (keeping one eye on the eagle circling above)...
  8. 1000007929.jpg

1000007929.jpg

9. aaronj

Good to know, thx. Not sure why I couldn't pull up the correct data; must be getting old, LOL
  10. aaronj

It has been years since I caught a Brownie on Pass. The WDFW trout plant records don't show any recent plantings (of either Rainbows or Browns for that matter). Does anyone have some insight on their disappearance? -Happiness is a tight line
  11. aaronj

Meet on a lake Sat 3/16?

I'll be fishing Saturday, hangin' out near the Ranger's house 😉
  12. aaronj

Pass Lake Situation...

I agree with Irafly on the increase in vegetation. Seems the weedbed off the point on the NW side has gotten progressively larger, as well as at the far end. Increased algae blooms add to the organic content of the water too, which has to affect the lake in multiple ways. Pass may be slowly...
  13. aaronj

Go-to Trout Lake Patterns

This guy in olive, black and rust catch the majority of my stillwater trout. Trolling, casting to shore with an erratic retrieve, or slowly along the bottom.
  14. 20230310_113524.png

20230310_113524.png