Recent content by 67 VW Beetle

1. 67 VW Beetle

Cisco APs

Got a few of these. They are EOL from ciscos standpoint, but they are great for home use. They can take power from PoE+, or an AC adapter. I have no AC adapters for them. 802.11AC. AIR - AP38021 They are lightweight APs needing a controller, but you can drop the autonomous firmware of...
  2. 67 VW Beetle

7gal reliance water container x2

The garage clean out continues. I’ve got two reliance 7 gal water containers that I don’t need anymore. These are the Jerry can style ones, not the cubes. Like these: https://libertymountain.com/341118-jumbotainer-7-gallon.html Aside from some dust they are in perfect shape. They have...
  3. 67 VW Beetle

SFR Hotel recommendations/OR coast

A little bit north of Rockaway, but this is a nice small hotel right on the Nehalem river. https://www.wheeleronthebay.com/ My wife and I stayed here this past summer and will return again for sure. Room #9 has a big ass jet tub in a little attached room, and your own small little deck with...
  4. 67 VW Beetle

What do I have here?

That looks almost identical to the rod I used as a kid to learn to cast with a fly rod. 2 piece 5 weight with the exact same case.
  5. 67 VW Beetle

My Hero

for those who don't get it. First 20 seconds. To take it back a bit futher too:
  6. 1698419648633.png

1698419648633.png

7. 67 VW Beetle

Lacto fermentation

No fine listed for durians!
  8. 67 VW Beetle

Lacto fermentation

look like it. @Evan B did you grow that?
  9. 67 VW Beetle

Non-Fly Dead Zone reports

Congrats on your first chinook!
  10. 67 VW Beetle

(Not exactly dead zone…). Was thinking about floating some eggs on the Sandy on Sunday, but I’ve been thinking more about tossing some plugs (seeing @Evan B pictures of cohos on plugs made me get a major case of FOMO) or spinners on the Columbia. Anyone have any walk in spots on the Columbia...
  11. 67 VW Beetle

6am-13:00ish today by Davis bar. Got one 30min into the troll. A bright and shiny hen about 9-10lbs. Homemade spinner with a mexican hat blade and hoochie, behind a chartreuse and chrome SB skateboard. In the lower 75% of the water column. Saw three others or so caught, and a few lost...
  12. 67 VW Beetle

Planning on being out there tomorrow morning with a buddy. Hoping it’s a repeat of the last outing but with us both bonking one this time.
  13. 67 VW Beetle

After toiling all year, finally got me one this morning at 7:15am near Davis bar. Hen, 32”, and bright. Mexican hat spinner with pink hoochie, behind a triangle. 45 on the line counter in about 40’ or so of water. Probably 2-3 dozen boats, saw 1 net fly about 30 min after catching mine and...
  14. IMG_1540.jpeg

IMG_1540.jpeg