Recent content by 5 Weight

1. 5 Weight

Litter

That road known as "Navy Yard Highway" is an embarrassment to Kitsap County. It would be interesting to know when the last cleanup was and thus how many pounds of trash per day that equals.
  2. 5 Weight

What are you listening to?

Violin.
  3. 5 Weight

What are you listening to?

Could have used a little more Jean Luc Ponty but “the price of meat has just gone up and…..” is priceless.
  4. 5 Weight

Puget Sound

Good outing! You can’t go wrong with that fly pattern. Judging from pic #4, the White Claw and Twisted Tea guys have not hit the beaches yet.
  5. 5 Weight

Crossing/Entering Railroad property along Rivers?

In 2014 a crew was filming a movie about Greg Allman with a scene set up on a narrow railroad trestle. The production company had been denied permission to film on railroad property. The scene (dream sequence)was set up with a bed straddled across the tracks with the star William Hurt in the...
  6. 5 Weight

Rooftop Tents

And when you want to run a few miles up or down stream to hit a few “honey holes”,you have to pack all your stuff up. The fact that they are plentiful on Craigs List says it all.
  7. 5 Weight

Litter

I too carry the “grabber” when I fish the local put and take lakes. When I get bored or the bite is slow, I work the shallows and load my float tube with bottles and cans. I just wish the “grabber” was a little longer. The lakes that attract knuckle draggers are virtual gold mines.
  8. 5 Weight

Puget Sound

Brings to mind “Too Much Time on My Hands” by Styx.
  9. 5 Weight

Book recommendations?

Trout Madness !
  10. 5 Weight

Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

I look at this and “Desire” by U2 plays in my head.
  11. 5 Weight

Amazing Trail Cam Shots

Check out “The Log” videos on you tube.
  12. 5 Weight

NFR Anybody want to shoot some owls....

We are the worst “invasive species”.
  13. 5 Weight

Cabelas Prestige Plus Intermediate?

And probably made in China or Korea like many other “name brands”.
  14. 5 Weight

Puget Sound

I saw the same thing last Friday afternoon at a MA10 spot and fished the “feed” for about an hour and a half going 10 for 12 slow stripping a bright shrimp pattern. Fish were mostly medium size and all Cutts. The best was a 17” real fatty! P.S. I went back about a week later to fish the same...
  15. 5 Weight

High Pressure Weather

I have experienced epic fishing on rivers and lakes when pressure drops ahead of weather change. Once long ago while fishing a Wyoming stream a thunderstorm was rolling in and the fish were all over my streamers. One large Brown literally beached himself in front of me chasing my muddler. Once...