What are you listening to?

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter

These guys are the most amazing musicians. I listen to a lot of world music and this music is incredibly moving.

Attachments

• 1648313456641.png
    1648313456641.png
    259.8 KB · Views: 0

Xoxo

Very sad news about Taylor Hawkins
View attachment 9856
YEs. This does make me sad. I just finished reading David Grohl’s book. And had looked up some YouTubes because of the book. This is one i watched after i finished the book. Queue it up to 9:05 to see how Taylor is cracking up while Grohl is messing around with Stairway to Heaven. I love when Taylor comes in on the song. He always seemed so happy and smiley. Damn.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Last edited:

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Last edited:

kerrys

Ignored Member
I heard this song debuted on Seattle FM station KEZX in 1979. I still have the LP. Cool Stuff!
I was working as a bartender in a bar known for its music venue in a small predominantly white town in southern Oregon. The owner had a knack for finding up and coming bands to play at the bar. He booked Third World not to long after the group was formed, ‘73 or ‘74. Most likely ‘74. For many people this would be their first introduction to reggae music beyond possibly hearing Bob Marley on the radio. They blew the place up and I have been a fan ever since.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Next time you think you have a tough day at work coming up...this is Miley Cyrus tonight, having to take the stage in Brazil after losing fellow Lollapalooza headliner and close friend Taylor Hawkins suddenly yesterday. Opening with Angels Like You, not a dry eye in the house. F*cking brutal.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
So Ellen McIlwaine passed away last year. I have been a fan since 1969 when i heard her in her band Fear Itself. She was one of those that deserved accolades for her unique and powerful musicianship. Early on she teamed upwitha young Jimi Hendrix in the Grennich Village scene.

Last edited: