What are you listening to?

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just scored tickets to see Neil Young and Crazy Horse both nights in San Diego! Neil's my No. 2 guitar influence after Jerry Garcia. Not the greatest seats but I'm still super excited! He's not getting any Young-er.

If the setlist's anything like this...

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

Every generation got its own disease.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I dig the guitar tone. Im stocking the call of duty fire with some faster paced stuff.

Funny enough, in my world this is slow stuff lol.

The main riff in this song is such an earworm for me. I tends to live on repeat in my head for weeks on end any time I listen to it. I too really enjoy the tone as well.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Death/ speed metal.
The musicians are very talented.... the singers are not, by comparison.

Imo, death metal would be great if they were all instrumentals.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I feel the same about Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins.
Gish is an excellent album, Billy's voice is hard to listen to song after song.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Death/ speed metal.
The musicians are very talented.... the singers are not, by comparison.

Imo, death metal would be great if they were all instrumentals.

Its an acquired taste no doubt. And it's not for everyone.

I would argue that there is a lot of talent in the metal vocalist world, it's just a different sort of talent than other types of vocals. Try doing death metal growls for an hour long set :)

I really enjoy some death metal vocals, but more than that I am kinda indifferent to a lot of it. It fits the music, which I appreciate. In the death metal world vocals are used almost more as an instrument that accompanies the music more than they are used as a medium to show off a "beautiful" voice and share meaningful lyrics that people can sing along to. Clean singing over death metal music just doesn't work for me.
But ya, I get it. It's definitely not for everyone and I don't fault anyone for not digging it. There's no accounting for personal taste. Personally I find alot of the vocals in stuff posted here to be painful to listen to, but I understand I'm in the minority there most of the time.

I also don't really post much in the way of actual death metal as I understand that most folks here aren't going to want to listen to it.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I feel the same about Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins.
Gish is an excellent album, Billy's voice is hard to listen to song after song.

Some voices just don't click with certain people for sure. Myself I absolutely HATE the Red Hot Chili Peppers and U2, largely because I just can't stand listening to either singer.

Always felt the same about Soundgarden/Audioslave. I know Chris Cornell had/has a ton of fans, but his voice is like razor blades to my ears lol.

Oddly enough Billy Corgan has the type of voice that I would typically dislike, but I always loved old Smashing Pumpkins.