NFR This stove rocks!

Non-fishing related

flybill

Life of the Party
I'm learning here, too! An unlikely educational thread.
Sometimes we have to figure out the actual questions we need to ask! So gas stoves, on a Fly Fishing site.. and we both end up learning.. as well as many others! Cheers my friend!Screenshot 2023-11-23 200751.png

flybill

Life of the Party
Not bragging, but 36" of fully vented gas power.
Neighbor and I installed the fan and vented through the roof with 8" pipe.
Check out "BlueStar Ranges".View attachment 92123View attachment 92124
Oh snap! Now the real competition starts! Who has the biggest / badest stove? And the better vent system?

I propose that we all host parties and compare over the next months or years.. Mark, I nominate you first! Show off! LOL!

I'll bring the wine! Whisk(e)y.. beer and strippers.... damn that was supposed to be a surprise..

Now the next thread must be outside kitchens, barbaques and smokers.. pools and hot tubs too.. bring it, cuz I already lost that one...

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Had THIS part of the obstinance continued, I would have suggested https://rzmask.com/collections/all
For thier PM 2.5 filters

And, electric, here. Can't afford the cost of running a line branch, adding the venting etc. House was built with all or close to all appliances being electric in mind. The "vent" above ours just goes through a filter at the top of the companion microwave. Any gas burners are out on the covered deck.

Last edited:

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Had THIS part of the obstinance continued, I would have suggested https://rzmask.com/collections/all
For thier PM 2.5 filters

And, electric, here. Can't afford the cost of running a line branch, adding the venting etc. House was built with all or close to all appliances being electric in mind. The "vent" above ours just goes through a filter at the top of the companion microwave. Any gas burners are out on the covered deck.
Probably a good call
Aren’t the gas stoves kinda gonna be phased out?

Driftless Dan

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I always hated how little the vent above my stove actually evacuated, so I went ahead and bought a Consumer Reports top choice. Wow, it more than quadrupled the flow. I had to keep my kids away, for fear they'd be sucked up. Well, maybe not that much, but it was the best $600 I ever spent on home improvement.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Like my grandma use to say…”now you’re cooking with gas”…

I’ve owned several six burner Wolf gas ranges and dual Wolf ovens…

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
What I've learned = it's all about the size of your pipe! o_O I'm fine with electric inside and the gas grill outside for the summer. Cool thread and very interesting!

flybill

Life of the Party
What I've learned = it's all about the size of your pipe! o_O I'm fine with electric inside and the gas grill outside for the summer. Cool thread and very interesting!
Yes, the size of your pipe... errr translated to wallet! And I can't believe how detailed this thread has become! Great info! I've learned so much!

Brian in OR.

Steelhead
I had a gas oven for 5-6 years and for most of my cooking never ran the fan. We also had a gas dryer and gas water heater and I dont think any of those had exhaust fans….🤔

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
At my home in Hawaii, I had a 60” Wolf similar to this…6 burners, two ovens, and instead of a griddle top, I had a French top…which was great for making stocks and keeping multiple saucepans warm simultaneously…
IMG_3229.png

Hillbilly Redneck

wishin I was fishin
We've been using an electric induction stove for the last last 15 years. I like it. It's a snap to clean. We use mostly stainless cookware but my wife cooks with cast iron on it too. You have to use induction ready cookware so we had to buy some new pots and pans. I've never cooked with gas except when I cooked at the Copper Kitchen in downtown Seattle in the 80's. That's a whole different kind of cooking! IMG_4611.jpg