WA Stocking Schedule Release?

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
On quite a few year round lakes in King co that already received fish….I call bs on the numbers said to be put in! Fishing and fish finders back me up…..of course I could just suck…..
Funny, Lue and I were discussing this about Meridian. Supposedly 8k fish stocked on March 12th. Lue fished it on the 16th and I fished it on the 17th. I had the Striker 4 rigged up and saw all of 7 fish. 3 of those were at 39+ feet deep. I only saw about 4 fish that I think were planters. I fished the lower 1/3 of the lake both trolling and bobbers in my usual spots and got the ol skunk-a-roo. Nada, zip, zilch. Same with Lue the day before. That hasn't happened to me at Meridian in a LONG time. In fact, I think the last time that happened was before they stocked it that year. And we all know Lue catches fish.

So yeah, Lue and I both called BS on the 8k. I saw 1 fish caught. Dude on the docks. And there were all sorts of people out fishing. The cormorants were out in force too, but I think they were struggling as well. Not sure where the fish went if they are actually there.

Btw, there were 2 dudes in a little ski boat being jerks. They weren't kids either. They looked mid 50s and fairly well off. They knew how to ski, but they also had their boat in the swim area. The dude I saw catch a fish could have casted a heavy bait to their boat. They then took off for the main lake and went right over my, thankfully, sinking line. I gave a very audible and animated "What the f*%$?" since I was literally within casting distance and the dude just gave me a blank stare.
The skier got up on a single, did 2 turns then crashed. No flag. He got up again and they went all the way down the lake. Like I said, good skiers, but total douchebags.
Confirmed when they came back down the lake and literally didn't let off the gas until they were within casting distance of 2 dudes fishing out of kayaks. I asked 2 guys in a nice fishing boat if they knew them and they said "No, but they sure are assholes." So it wasn't just me.

Anyway, if you know 2 hotshot skier 50+ dudes that ski Meridian tell them they suck. Might have to have the 11wt with a 5/0 musky fly rigged next time. :unsure:

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Funny, Lue and I were discussing this about Meridian. Supposedly 8k fish stocked on March 12th. Lue fished it on the 16th and I fished it on the 17th. I had the Striker 4 rigged up and saw all of 7 fish. 3 of those were at 39+ feet deep. I only saw about 4 fish that I think were planters. I fished the lower 1/3 of the lake both trolling and bobbers in my usual spots and got the ol skunk-a-roo. Nada, zip, zilch. Same with Lue the day before. That hasn't happened to me at Meridian in a LONG time. In fact, I think the last time that happened was before they stocked it that year. And we all know Lue catches fish.

So yeah, Lue and I both called BS on the 8k. I saw 1 fish caught. Dude on the docks. And there were all sorts of people out fishing. The cormorants were out in force too, but I think they were struggling as well. Not sure where the fish went if they are actually there.

Btw, there were 2 dudes in a little ski boat being jerks. They weren't kids either. They looked mid 50s and fairly well off. They knew how to ski, but they also had their boat in the swim area. The dude I saw catch a fish could have casted a heavy bait to their boat. They then took off for the main lake and went right over my, thankfully, sinking line. I gave a very audible and animated "What the f*%$?" since I was literally within casting distance and the dude just gave me a blank stare.
The skier got up on a single, did 2 turns then crashed. No flag. He got up again and they went all the way down the lake. Like I said, good skiers, but total douchebags.
Confirmed when they came back down the lake and literally didn't let off the gas until they were within casting distance of 2 dudes fishing out of kayaks. I asked 2 guys in a nice fishing boat if they knew them and they said "No, but they sure are assholes." So it wasn't just me.

Anyway, if you know 2 hotshot skier 50+ dudes that ski Meridian tell them they suck. Might have to have the 11wt with a 5/0 musky fly rigged next time. :unsure:
No spotter either.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Some of the stockings in my opinion seem like a waste of tax payers money with so few fish being stocked.
How much does it cost to put a crew and truck together to stock 50 fish in Ell Lake?
I know Ell is small and don't get me wrong, I fished Ell back in the day when it was great. I know it has some problems now but I just don't see the ROI with a stocking of that few fish.
SF

Last edited:

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
With the low snow pack water started going in this week. If not tomorrow, by the beginning of next week I'll be working over my share of 16,500/330. And some crappie, maybe find a bass.............

Attachments

• 1711663711004.png
    1711663711004.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
Tom, that turns into a lake ?
Yes, that about 20ac. back area is up to 10' deep and stays all winter. Then they fill it with runoff for recreation to around 50ac. 10 Minutes from front door to launch.

Attachments

• 20220602_092858.jpg
    20220602_092858.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 3

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
Tom's Lake.
Hence the reason why I've been on a quest trying to develop the perfect stupid stocker leech. I like to fish it, but I can take the boys up after school too. They are of the age where I think we'll have several years of enjoyment. Thanks to the COE and WDFW.