Upcoming Events forum posting rules

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Howdy all, we now have an "Upcoming Events" subforum. The goal is to help promote fly fishing/conservation events in the PNW and have a place to list any PNWflyfishing.com specific events in the future.

Please check the guidelines for what can and can’t be posted. But in general:
  • Should be fishing or fishing conservation related
  • Should not be primarily commercial or for-profit (unless previously cleared with Josh/Evan/Billy)
  • Should be open to all. No private events.
So, for example, The upcoming "Speyapalooza" event is being put on by North Sound Trout Unlimited and Confluence Fly Shop. Obviously Confluence is a commercial business, but the event itself is free and non-commercial. So that is just fine. A Fly Fishing Trade show (do they still have those?) that is open to everyone, but costs $20 to get in would not be allowed without prior approval. A streamside work party by a local conservation group would be fine. A birthday part for a forum member that was limited to a dozen of his friends would not be okay. Make sense?

For the time being, posts in the events subforum will need to be approved by an admin before they appear. So just make your post like normal and one of us will make sure it fits the guidelines or chat with you about it if it doesn’t.

Xoxo

@Josh, I just added an update to the the Steilacoon but since it’s at the top, i can’t see where it looks like there is a new post and so i figure folks won’t read it. Or am i just not understanding how a sticky works?

Xoxo

Oh, never mind. I see that if you click on What’s New it shows up. Changing the subject line works too.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
He's an interesting one. I see the Northwest Fly Tyer & Fly Fishing Expo
will be held next year. As the IFFF (formally FFF) is the sponsor and current members are admitted free, or were, how do you call that one? If you're a IFFF (aka: FFI) (or lifetime FFF member as I am) there is no charge but there is a charge for non members.

Last edited:

ericmatthews

Just Hatched
Howdy all, we now have an "Upcoming Events" subforum. The goal is to help promote fly fishing/conservation events in the PNW and have a place to list any PNWflyfishing.com specific events in the future.

Please check the guidelines for what can and can’t be posted. But in general:
  • Should be fishing or fishing conservation related
  • Should not be primarily commercial or for-profit (unless previously cleared with Josh/Evan/Billy)
  • Should be open to all. No private events.
So, for example, The upcoming "Speyapalooza" event is being put on by North Sound Trout Unlimited and Confluence Fly Shop. Obviously Confluence is a commercial business, but the event itself is free and non-commercial. So that is just fine. A Fly Fishing Trade show (do they still have those?) that is open to everyone, but costs $20 to get in would not be allowed without prior approval. A streamside work party by a local conservation group would be fine. A birthday part for a forum member that was limited to a dozen of his friends would not be okay. Make sense?

For the time being, posts in the events subforum will need to be approved by an admin before they appear. So just make your post like normal and one of us will make sure it fits the guidelines or chat with you about it if it doesn’t.
Are non profit postings for fly fishing clubs that promote fly fishing and conservation OK?

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Are non profit postings for fly fishing clubs that promote fly fishing and conservation OK?
I think that is generally going to be just fine. I'm trying to think of a situation where it wouldn't be fine and can't really come up with one as long as it fits the general rules.

ericmatthews

Just Hatched
Great, I will post. Please take it down if it is too much or not conforming. We have a TON of great items in our auction so I wanted to let this group know. Thanks.