The "How was your weekend?" thread...

HOG

GOTY’s mum’s favorite ghillie
Watched a helicopter run into a tractor. Everyone survived, which is amazing. Both were drying cherries. Mate jumped off tractor right before impact. Pilot was from out of state, drying the neighbors block.

Attachments

• 8E6B75FE-F13A-4170-BC55-429DDB90718C.jpeg
    8E6B75FE-F13A-4170-BC55-429DDB90718C.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 2CD4E0CE-7B10-495C-A550-7534B3958153.jpeg
    2CD4E0CE-7B10-495C-A550-7534B3958153.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 7BE58123-9A00-4F1B-BD56-CB387C05648F.jpeg
    7BE58123-9A00-4F1B-BD56-CB387C05648F.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 58

longputt

Steelhead
Sorry about no posts. I like the weekend post. Crazy travel for my job. It's crazy to be in countries at war with seemingly normal behavior.

My meetings were moved from Ukraine to Hungary and then to Latvia.

So when back, I went fishing for shad for recreation. My shad gear is inherited, But it feels wrong to fish with gear that is greater than the value of most peoples net worth.

As fly fisherman,,,please be grounded...arrogance seems nuts when people are trying to survive.

Last edited:

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Trout Pocket - we got some of dem in the Okanogan, plus some nice bows and brookies....

Also included a beer at the Pastime brew pub.

A good weekend.

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I remember when the last one went to college. The phone quit ringing, there were no extra cars in the driveway, no more unexpected drop ins. I missed it! And, no more local sports!

Congrats to your last kid.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I remember when the last one went to college. The phone quit ringing, there were no extra cars in the driveway, no more unexpected drop ins. I missed it! And, no more local sports!

Congrats to your last kid.

Thank you! I do have 17 young men in my position group that I get to see everyday. They are great kid's, they will help me stay young at heart and up to speed on the current youth lingo:).

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
We took our last kid to college over the weekend…the nest is officially empty. I’m going to miss being a daily dad.
That's one of those days that feels like it's forever down the road...until it's suddenly here. I'm sure I'll have many feels about it when mine finally do the same thing (I mean, assuming they actually leave the house).

Triploidjunkie

Life of the Party
Went wine tasting in Walla Walla

<record scratch> I'll bet you're wondering how I got here?

Had a great float on the Grande Ronde last weekend. Me and a buddy in my drifter, with others in a raft and inflatable kayak. Water was on the high side, so it was a sporty ride, but beautiful up in the canyon. Salmonflies everywhere, but nobody was looking up, and I got the only fish of the weekend. I'm starting to resign myself to the GR being a river of scenery and side hikes, not fishing.

View attachment 20244
So anyway, we get to the takeout at Boggan's. Pull the boat, load up. have a last lunch of cheese and salami. Fistbumps and seeya's exchanged, and we're off to a horrible screeching dragging noise. Turns out my axle had shifted, and the tire was now resting firmly on the fender. On a bolt, no less, so a hundred yards down the road it would have gone kablooey. So, drop the trailer and head up the road to get cell service, but no luck on a tow via AAA. Back down, hide the key to the hitch lock, and drive the five hours back to Portland, sans boat.
View attachment 20245
(insert tedious details of arranging tows and repairs from five hours away)

The wife and I took off Saturday morning to retrieve boat. Get a call halfway across Portland, asking if I was going to need my wallet. Took off again. I had tactically decided to have it towed to Clarkston, instead of Enterprise, knowing that I'd want a drink or two. After picking up the boat at the LS in Clarkston, we headed back to Walla Walla where we had a nice dinner and some great wine. And I had the only drifter in the vineyard.
View attachment 20246
Lucky! AAA isn't too reliable these days.

Triploidjunkie

Life of the Party
Watched a helicopter run into a tractor. Everyone survived, which is amazing. Both were drying cherries. Mate jumped off tractor right before impact. Pilot was from out of state, drying the neighbors block.
You saw that! That kid seems like he has a level head on him

Reactions: HOG

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Didn't do much in the fishing department this weekend, but did lazily get a few small cutt takes while on a hike with the family. Little wild fish, so I didn't work it very hard and tried to let them wiggle off so I didn't have to land them. Saw a barred owl having better luck fishing though, which is always cool.

1658157443032.png

Played in a local charity golf scramble tournament on Saturday morning...my foursome shot even par, the winning team shot -4. Clearly our "mean mugging" did not intimidate the other teams into submission 🤣 IMG-20220716-WA0009.jpgWent out for post round beers and one of my buddies talked me into floating the river20220716_124522.jpg.
Scooted back to the house and got the raft in around 3:00. By 4:30 the bite started to turn on and they were hitting dries pretty consistently. Nothing over 12", but more than enough action to keep my buddy satisfied.
20220716_162912.jpg
Rowing a good friend down the river has got to be one of the greatest joys in life. Doesn't get much better than golf and a river float in the same day.