The "How was your weekend?" thread...

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Did something I haven’t tried since pre pandemic days…loaded up some music gear and joined a friend to play three hours of tunes at the farmers market.

I grabbed a pic just before we got started.
210F8181-4FD2-441C-8F90-C5ECDA9C1B06.jpeg
It was an ideal morning for August. Not hot, not windy, and we were set up in the shade.

The local press got this shot and posted to the community FB page.
0C83E480-6B0B-4221-8DA6-9521161FB883.jpeg
Hint: I’m not a guitar player and I don’t have long hair.

The tips were generous today. It’s nice to get out and share some of the music I’ve learned over the past few years.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I got out to one of my favorite summer steelhead haunts for one last shot before the heat really kicked in. I fished two days- one day I biked around and fished, the second day I just drove to the trailhead. The weather was perfect, the water perfect, and I didn't see anyone on either day. I fished with a 10 ft 5-weight switch rod.
View attachment 24742

This is one of my favorite stretches of river anywhere- unfortunately the steelhead fishing has been following the overall northwest trends. Lots of wonderful cutts but running into a steelhead here has been a rare event the last couple of years. I did get one on my second day- a smaller wild fish that was perfect for the 5 weight. This is where I caught the fish- a classic hole at the bottom of an island.
View attachment 24743

I fish this stretch every single time I go and have never run into a steelhead. I don't know why.
View attachment 24740

I was exhausted toward the end of the bike-in day and I fell in, full-body, in about 3 feet of slow water. I just could not get my feet back under me- probably 20 seconds before I got vertical again. Feeling that water fill the waders from the toes on up- what a bummer. I had to fully disrobe and dump/wring everything out.
On the second day, right at the (steep) trailhead, my walking stick slipped and I went into a butt slide. I might have gone a long ways, but a lucky grab of a branch as I went down probably saved the trip. I think I may be getting too old for this stuff.

Overall, a wonderful couple of days.
View attachment 24741
I'm pretty sure I had to drink that stuff before my last colonoscopy!

cody-

Steelhead
Going on hour 3 of a power outage in the Kennewick side of Richland. I can see lights in Richland proper, Pasco, and Kennewick south of 240 but here we are.

Edit: power came back on around midnight. It was annoying not being able to shower and watch some tv after work, but drinking beers on the porch in the dark was pretty nice too.

Last edited:

longputt

Steelhead
It looks like rough handling in this pic...sorry...I bought a T&T Contact II...maybe I should post post a review under gear fishing dirt bags! You know Euro is not fly fishing.

1660447739820.png