The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Beautiful weather! Our daughter and her family went to Dodger Stadium last night; rain delay (they got soaked) AND, didn't get to see Shohei.

For us old folks, yard work again today.
It is back to running errands and yardwork for me today as well.

Divad

Whitefish
7FEEE6F7-3F52-4E6E-8C74-E8473B585357.jpeg
Leaking oil cooler was quoted at $1300, 4 hours later I did it myself. Dam Italian engineers had to put one bolt behind the ac compressor mount to make it a fun job.

“To get one step forward you must go three steps back” - some VM Motori Engineer said laughing

Divad

Whitefish
Oh, and a coolant bypass tube replacement but the Mopar part now looks like a toddler carved out the inside. The plastic that sluffed off with a simple finger poke had me looking elsewhere. So I ordered an aftermarket from a diesel performance shop in Mexico.

968EEF2E-9EB1-4309-ADDE-1F6A8CEF051D.jpeg

Plus a coolant flush and oil change with my previous oil coming back from analysis at Blackstone Labs w/o any coolant and below average engine wear!

EcoDiesel got some love this weekend.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Oh, and a coolant bypass tube replacement but the Mopar part now looks like a toddler carved out the inside. The plastic that sluffed off with a simple finger poke had me looking elsewhere. So I ordered an aftermarket from a diesel performance shop in Mexico.

View attachment 110703

Plus a coolant flush and oil change with my previous oil coming back from analysis at Blackstone Labs w/o any coolant and below average engine wear!

EcoDiesel got some love this weekend.
Good wrenching!

Divad

Whitefish
Good wrenching!
Thank you Buzzy 👍 Enjoyed doing it in the sun while listening to the mariners. I must of spent an hour just looking for my inverted torx sockets 🤦‍♂️ second time ever using them. Time to get a big rolling toolbox to hold everything so I don’t have to open tubs.