Registration required for small boats with electric motors? What a waste of money

tkww

Steelhead
Why do you think there are so many 9.9hp motors? I’m he 10hp motor threshold created the market. It isn’t just Washington
I know of at least one brand of in the 90's had a 9.9 and 15 in their line-up; the only difference was the jets in the carb and the cam shaft. Swap those and you had a 15 (but labeled as a 9.9). I have no idea if that's still the case. But I also wouldn't be surprised since they can basically make two motors at once.

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
I’ve read the 16 foot or more than 10 hp before. I fish out of a 14 foot Lund in Puget Sound. I content we don’t need to register it, but, It is registered. Well,… I am thinking of getting a 15 hp for it anyway.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I’ve read the 16 foot or more than 10 hp before. I fish out of a 14 foot Lund in Puget Sound. I content we don’t need to register it, but, It is registered. Well,… I am thinking of getting a 15 hp for it anyway.
Puget Sound is a federal water, so they want you to register your boat to use it there.