Rain

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Not a lifer but I’ve lived on the ‘wet side’ for 35 years….never thought I’d see this either.

Now I know what the dinosaur’s felt like 😏

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
In addition to my raised bed garden, yesterday I began watering all the rest of my yard landscaping too. Plants still look good, but we lost 3 rhododendrons to those 100 degree days last June. It might get spendy, but I'm gonna' try to save my yard.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
In addition to my raised bed garden, yesterday I began watering all the rest of my yard landscaping too. Plants still look good, but we lost 3 rhododendrons to those 100 degree days last June. It might get spendy, but I'm gonna' try to save my yard.
You missed a year Sg.....that was June of 2021. ;)
SF

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
You missed a year Sg.....that was June of 2021. ;)
SF
Recent springs:

2021 'hottest ever'
2022 'coldest ever'
2023 'driest ever'

Exagerating of course but that's what it feels like. Makes it difficult to manage a nice garden or plant collection. My bonsai are particularly difficult due to the lack of margin of error in the small pots.

I'm a worrier by nature so I'm starting to get nervous about the predicted good coho run hitting dry rivers this early fall.

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Recent springs:

2021 'hottest ever'
2022 'coldest ever'
2023 'driest ever'

Exagerating of course but that's what it feels like. Makes it difficult to manage a nice garden or plant collection. My bonsai are particularly difficult due to the lack of margin of error in the small pots.

I'm a worrier by nature so I'm starting to get nervous about the predicted good coho run hitting dry rivers this early fall.
For a worrier by nature, having hobbies like fly fishing and bonsai must keep your plate pretty full. 😉

To be honest, I feel everyone’s pain here. I’m due off my ship after the first week of July, having been gone since January. Looks like I’ve missed out on some good opportunities since then, and the coming months seem foreboding. Was/am planning camping and fishing in the Gifford Pinchot with my wife, but the thought of another summer of wildfires and dense smoke has me concerned.

Fingers are crossed. 🤞🏼 🤞🏼

Last edited:

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Glad I cleaned the *roof &* gutters last week.

Screenshot_20230609_061925_My AcuRite.jpg
Screenshot_20230609_062348_My AcuRite.jpg

Last edited:

Divad

Whitefish
It was pouring when I left the house this morning, woohoo!!! Must of been decent last night because the blankets and dog bed are soaked.

🎉🥳

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Enough drizzle to wet the leaves on the plants out here, and nothing more.
Got a pretty good rainfall in the Maple Valley area last night and very early this morning.

Nothing until later this morning and now the same little bit of drizzle and not much more over on the west side of the Olympics right now.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I still watered my gardens this morning. While it is cool and cloudy, there just has not been enough to wet the soils more than 1/8" down.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Just got back from my daily walk.
Great weather, exactly how June should be.
I hope we get a lot more of this. All summer long right into fall with this type of weather would be nice in my opinion.
SF

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Happy to have some rain. Be even better if it was more of a soaking heavy rain for 24 hours or so.... then back to the sunshine.

Divad

Whitefish
About a half inch reported so far at Olympia airport since this morning. And the rain gauge looks to be a little over that at my place.