Prime Day Deals

RCF

Life of the Party
You can do a quick chat with them and get that 30 bucks back.

Amazon stopped price matching in 2016 I believe. But your suggestion is a good one ---> worth trying very nicely.

You can either call Amazon customer service at 1 (888) 280-4331 or start a live chat session to get the ball rolling on your price adjustment.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
You can do a quick chat with them and get that 30 bucks back.
Yeah, like @RCF said, I don't think they do that any more. At least not without making a big dick of yourself to the poor customer support person. I'm not going FULL KAREN over $30 and demanding to TALK TO YOUR MANAGER.

So I just ordered the on-sale one and will return it as the full-price one when it shows up tomorrow. Stupid? Sure is! Wasted everyone's time, money and resources. But that's what amazon wants I guess. Plus, I'll end up returning it to the Amazon kiosk at Whole Foods where I will then go out and spend double that $30 on overpriced fancy grocery items. So I guess Amazon wins in the end regardless.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well axe the kayak model... neat concept but many of the reviews are less than great.

Edit: I watched this kayak video and I'm back on the fence.

Last edited:

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Yeah, like @RCF said, I don't think they do that any more. At least not without making a big dick of yourself to the poor customer support person. I'm not going FULL KAREN over $30 and demanding to TALK TO YOUR MANAGER.

So I just ordered the on-sale one and will return it as the full-price one when it shows up tomorrow. Stupid? Sure is! Wasted everyone's time, money and resources. But that's what amazon wants I guess. Plus, I'll end up returning it to the Amazon kiosk at Whole Foods where I will then go out and spend double that $30 on overpriced fancy grocery items. So I guess Amazon wins in the end regardless.
Its the mens soap section that is so dangerous. You have my sympathy's. :)

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Amazon stopped price matching in 2016 I believe. But your suggestion is a good one ---> worth trying very nicely.

You can either call Amazon customer service at 1 (888) 280-4331 or start a live chat session to get the ball rolling on your price adjustment.
Alexa? Is that you?:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Divad

Whitefish
@RCF Amazon did NOT stop price matching in 2016. It is actually kind of stupid how good we are at finding various prices across the web.

Slightly related consumer tip, use CamelCamelCamel, and don’t negate calling your local shop of X category to check price.

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Amazon did NOT stop price matching in 2016.
There are LOTS of reports out there of people getting turned down when asking for a price adjustment in recent years. I suspect it depends on what CSR you get and maybe even how "good" of a customer they see you as (or how much of an ass you want to be). Sounds like most CSRs just tell you to return and rebuy. Seems stupid, but who knows. Dude on this reddit thread seems to think there is some tax advantage to the reutrn/rebuy setup vs a price adjustment.

Anyway, I'd say the rule is, don't count on getting a price adjustment from Amazon if you buy something and it goes on sale right after.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter