Paintings it is what do

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Too big have to edit they were modified but not small enough. I opened my thumb drive that the files were scanned to on my IMac in the other room. Ithenedited copies and sent them to my email acct. opened them as attachments on my iphone to post. Still too large . So i took a screen shot from on phone storage and saved the cropped screen shots to post these. I have no idea how to talk to my I mac from my iphone 10’ away so i do this convoluted process.93EE9858-8116-4665-B9E3-0436D80D04E3.jpegA7AE5AA4-0628-463C-9432-51E6831FDC29.jpeg

Last edited:

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Have an article coming out in The Surfers Journal this summer about the life of Frederick Wardy. Highly respected 50's - 60's surfboard shaper in SoCal who after spending a summer backpacking throughout Europe visiting art galleries, quit the biz and went full time into art. Moved to New York, opened up the first co-op art gallery, pursues his art to this day. For decades he spent half the year in NY, the other half pursuing his art at the tip of the Olympic penninsula within the historical Dungeness School House. Wardy explored many mediums, including wood and iron, always leaning toward modernist. His work remains displayed in US and Europe modern art galleries.
4. acrylic on canvas (7'x5'6in).jpg

Last edited:

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Have an article coming out in The Surfers Journal this summer about the life of Frederick Wardy. Highly respected 50's - 60's surfboard shaper in SoCal who after spending a summer backpacking throughout Europe visiting art galleries, quit the biz and went full time into art. Moved to New York, opened up the first co-op art gallery, pursues his art to this day. For decades he spent half the year in NY, the other half pursuing his art at the tip of the Olympic penninsula within the historical Dungeness School House. Wardy explored many mediums, including wood and iron, always leaning toward modernist. His work remains displayed in US and Europe modern art galleries.
View attachment 58524
A lot of color theory study there. Hard edge painting on panel and canvas… done my share of it but liked to medium focus on mobile painting trips and plein air stuff. Hey it got me where fly fishing might be. Or camping and i decided long ago to paint what i like and have an emotional connection to. So I am i guess a biographer of what is where i am. A regionalist.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
A lot of color theory study there. Hard edge painting on panel and canvas… done my share of it but liked to medium focus on mobile painting trips and plein air stuff. Hey it got me where fly fishing might be. Or camping and i decided long ago to paint what i like and have an emotional connection to. So I am i guess a biographer of what is where i am. A regionalist.
really appreciate your work...the true wonder of art is how endless it's boundaries are

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Me too
I always wanted to be a cartoonist
You still could… the older and experienced you become the funnier shit becomes… at least to you… which is fine because as soon as you feel the need to explain your funny idea thoughts. You aren’t a cartoonist… you’re just old, eccentric and weird arse crazy.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You still could… the older and experienced you become the funnier shit becomes… at least to you… which is fine because as soon as you feel the need to explain your funny idea thoughts. You aren’t a cartoonist… you’re just old, eccentric and weird arse crazy.
I need a little more talent
This is about it:
FF982F78-2404-4164-8B44-AF1DF2B6DA66.jpeg