Painting and poetry

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Based on ahike from Oregon side of Bonneville dam the Eagle Creek trail head there. The trail goes up the draw to Whatum Lake. Initially built as part of the Lancaster road project. This is a trib of Eagle Creek just above a waterfall and before it meets up with Eagle creek. I am glad I was able to see the area well before the gorge fires that closed the area

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Shelter

A story is told
As today begins
and life unfolds
At the edge
Of a new day
Discussions
In song
where each note
Belongs
We pause
In Reflection
The light
And shadow
Brings Joy
And sorrow
A curious
Introspection
A story is told
As the day begins
and life unfolds
To the cusp
Of night
Shadows walk
Across rooftops
And windows
Glint like eyes
Small dramas Unfold as
These stories
Are told
And we wait
In witness
To the
Sheltering
sky.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Shelter

A story is told
As today begins
and life unfolds
At the edge
Of a new day
Discussions
In song
where each note
Belongs
We pause
In Reflection
The light
And shadow
Brings Joy
And sorrow
A curious
Introspection
A story is told
As the day begins
and life unfolds
To the cusp
Of night
Shadows walk
Across rooftops
And windows
Glint like eyes
Small dramas Unfold as
These stories
Are told
And we wait
In witness
To the
Sheltering
sky.
This was recorded As a song.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
I used to use a blue black scrip ink c. 1972 in college . Experimenting with it in watercolor paintings. It was unstable in that when painting with it wet in wet the color components bled into a narrow spectrum of pale alizarin violet, veridian green and blue black. I loved that stuff. It has not been manufactured for 40 years or more. I searched for it in the 80’s and later 90’s . I checked local office supply family run stores that were closing. The Office Depots showed up and the small local stores could not compete. I called around about 25 years ago and found an old chemist that worked for Sheaffer. He lived in the midwest and was surprised yet interested in my search for remnants of the old product. I determined from that the ink was long gone. In the years that followed I went to “antique stores just to look and saw that the old bottles though empty were collectable and you could buy old Scheaffer ink bottles with remnants of long dried up-ink in them for $5. If they had any viable ink in them and better still, the original box in great shape,they were priced at $10 to $20! Old stuff… sheesh!
Last week I looked on eBay and found a full bottle in the original box! I messed around with it for 5 minutes only using maybe a 1/4 tsp of the stuff. It was fun .4DB73568-1FBB-4251-8365-644F75B45C1B.jpeg2E27ECEE-7EBC-4BBE-83BD-21F1113AC72D.jpeg

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
North Country

Greener than green
Rolling forest
Awe inspiring fertile
Trees that go on…

Forever evergreen
Wild yet managed
Can we tell?
Stories of the woods?