"Official" 2022 Mariner's Bitch Thread

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Your knowledge is limited to the task you have performed.
I now understand your take on my knowledge of baseball strategy.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Your knowledge is limited to the task you have performed.
I now understand your take on my knowledge of baseball strategy.

I suspect your's is also limited and far less than Servais. You look at one instance in one game, he has 162 games to consider - I suspect you've never coached, managed, played, or carried a bag of balls for a 60+ game season, let alone a 162. I couldn't care less if the Mariners manager is fired, but know-it-alls who think they know better than the professionals who have the experience (both as player, a catcher at that, and manager) is just a little much.

cheers

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I really don't know to much about sports of any kind. I just like to bitch. If I didn't bitch, I would probably just blow up. I got nothing on last nights game. It was supposed to be on some channel last night. But since I live so close I was blacked out. I really live close. About 800 miles away. In order to go there and see a stupid game. I would have to drive 800 miles Three Gas stops. Get a motel for a night and then today I would drive back home 3 gas stops. In order to see last nights game I would be out about 5 or 600 bucks.

If I was to do all that, I would be out of my mind to watch a live BB game. No, I'll just get the box score the next day like I do now.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I was referencing a specific scenario in the game from Friday nite.

Not using a pinch hitter or runner when down by a run in bottom of 10th was a bad management decision. Imo, that in part is the reason they lost the game.

Pretty sure WW and Kansas didn't watch the game.
Not saying they need to know everything about everything...... They just don't know baseball strategy.
Problem is, if you put Lewis in to pinch run, and he's the only one you would've considered, who plays third? You really want your defense in an 11th inning to have France at third and santana at first and Lewis (with lamb and kelenic) in the outfield? I get it though, it's kind of do or die there.

Shad

Life of the Party
As Yogi Berra might have said, to win baseball games, you need to score more runs than the other team.

Pitching has fallen off (very little), and maybe there have been a couple curious management decisions lately, but the real problem the Mariners are having winning games lately is that they have been absolutely terrible (Ty France notably excepted) batting with runners in scoring position. I just looked it up, and at .232 (probably about half that since the All Star break), there are only 5 teams in baseball doing worse, and the best teams are up around .250. Over the course of a 162-game season, that adds up to a lot of missed opportunities, and when you like to play 1-run games as much as the Mariners do, that's going to translate to a lot of losses.

I guess that's more a statement of fact than a bitch, and I sure as hell don't know how to fix it, so maybe off-topic....

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Problem is, if you put Lewis in to pinch run, and he's the only one you would've considered, who plays third? You really want your defense in an 11th inning to have France at third and santana at first and Lewis (with lamb and kelenic) in the outfield? I get it though, it's kind of do or die there.

... or damned if you do, damned if you don't, but thanks for a little more thoughtful analysis/critique.

Let's remember, the Mariners are a team of middling talent at best, their rookie sensation is out and their second most productive hitter (Haniger) has been out virtually the entire seasons, yet the Ms have the 6th best record in the AL and are battling for a playoff spot, perhaps that's worth cheering.

I've been a student of the game for 50+ years, managed and coached LL through HS senior travel teams, but more than that, I'm a fan. My team is the Royals, they suck biggly this year and have played well below expectations, yet with all the young, homegrown talent (6 to 7 rookies playing each night), I still love watching them play. Yes, it gets discouraging at times, but hope springs eternal, and I see great things in baseball... well, except for the DH, bullshit little league extra innings start with a runner on second rule, interleague play, and an upcoming "balanced" schedule ... that's what I'll save my bitching for.

Cheers

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

I was really looking for a pinch hitter in that game. The pinch runner was another option left on the table. The batter wasn't going to attempt the bunt .....moving the base runner over to 3rd. Etc etc.

Its just a game.....when the mariners break 85 wins and i get my $100. It will be a winning season for me.

RCF

Life of the Party
In a more positive light:

I am positive the M's will continue to do the same as they have for 20 years - until things change...

I am positive the M's will continue to trade valuable, active players before their prime for more worthless players that are injured, in rehab or at the end of their career.

I am positive the M's will continue to trade some the best farm team players we have seen in a long time for not much.

I am positive the M's will continue to trade players until the trades stop because there is nothing worth trading, including draft picks...

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
One good thing about this thread.
It is preparing us for the “Official” 2022 Seahawks Bitch Thread once people see Geno or Drew play in the regular season.
SF

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
One good thing about this thread.
It is preparing us for the “Official” 2022 Seahawks Bitch Thread once people see Geno or Drew play in the regular season.
SF
This copyrighted Official Bitch Thread is presented by authority of the Office of the Commissioner of Bitching About Baseball. It may not be reproduced or retransmitted in any form, and the accounts and descriptions of this thread may not be disseminated, without express written consent.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
In a more positive light:

I am positive the M's will continue to do the same as they have for 20 years - until things change...

I am positive the M's will continue to trade valuable, active players before their prime for more worthless players that are injured, in rehab or at the end of their career.

I am positive the M's will continue to trade some the best farm team players we have seen in a long time for not much.

I am positive the M's will continue to trade players until the trades stop because there is nothing worth trading, including draft picks...
I'm positive you guys will keep cracking me up with all this worthless bitching.