NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
they structured the contract around the expectation that he'd be suspended this season. signing bonus of ~$45mm, salary for this year just $1m - to skirt the impact of a suspension. if the suspension hits next year because of appeals/lawsuits, it will cost him real money - not just the $300K or so that the six games this year would cost.

ahh your right. I remember this now.

Big Tuna

Steelhead
The Texans appeared to know as well. They seemed to enable his predatory behavior by providing the nondisclosure. Did they know he had 66 therapists? How is that not a red flag? They paid off 30 women real quick...

What should have happened was suspension without pay from the get go. Then when it's all settled, counseling and behavior therapy and maybe...reinstated in the league in a few years if he acknowledged he actually had a problem which he hasn't done.

Not a fucking trade and 250 million guaranteed.
They should have sent him to the vet and had him fixed. NFLPA is appealing on his behalf...smh

creekx

not crate trained
they structured the contract around the expectation that he'd be suspended this season. signing bonus of ~$45mm, salary for this year just $1m - to skirt the impact of a suspension. if the suspension hits next year because of appeals/lawsuits, it will cost him real money - not just the $300K or so that the six games this year would cost.
That was such a sleaze move. The NFL should annualize his earnings so the loss of income actually means something. I am sure the NFLPA wouldn't go for it though.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
They should have sent him to the vet and had him fixed. NFLPA is appealing on his behalf...smh
I don't think the NFLPA is appealing. I think it's the NFL that's appealing. They don't think the decision is strong enough and want him suspended the entire 2022 season (plus bigger fine, etc.). Which is ironic, because the arbitrator stated the penalty was based off precedent set by previous punishments handed down by the NFL...

dflett68

Steelhead
That was such a sleaze move. The NFL should annualize his earnings so the loss of income actually means something. I am sure the NFLPA wouldn't go for it though.
the whole thing is sleazy top to bottom. i do hope the league uses the appeal process to trigger a chain of events and court battles that pushes whatever suspension he ultimately gets into next season so it costs him and the team peace of mind and continuity the next two seasons, and real money next year. i also think the urgency to close this out from the players union and watson's camp implies the probability that there's still another shoe yet to drop which could change everything.

Big Tuna

Steelhead
I don't think the NFLPA is appealing. I think it's the NFL that's appealing. They don't think the decision is strong enough and want him suspended the entire 2022 season (plus bigger fine, etc.). Which is ironic, because the arbitrator stated the penalty was based off precedent set by previous punishments handed down by the NFL...
Aaah! Now I understand. Thanks.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Neither organization is very appealing at the moment…

Doublebluff

As sure as your sorrows are joys
Forum Supporter
My ability to be a fan took a fatal hit several years ago when spectators at a Baltimore Ravens training camp gave Ray Rice a standing ovation when he got back to camp after he punched his wife in an elevator... on camera. And, the Ravens PR people built up the welcome as cool. My head never really recovered from that. The Deshaun Watson thing is not that different. I love the game but I can't be a real fan anymore.

Last edited:

creekx

not crate trained
My ability to be a fan took a fatal hit several years ago when spectators at a Baltimore Ravens training camp gave Ray Rice a standing ovation when he got back to camp after he punched his wife in an elevator... on camera. And, the Ravens PR people built the welcome up as cool. My head never really recovered from that. The Deshaun Watson thing is not that different. I love the game but I can't be a real fan anymore.
And the NFL was meh about it until the video surfaced.

Xoxo

So i saw on King5News this evening that Michael Robinson and Michael Bennett and Marshawn Lynch will be doing some announcing. Is this only for preseason? Not sure. But i remember when Michael Robinson did The Real Rob Report, which were funny interviews in the locker room. One i remember was Marshawn Lynch always avoiding him. I thought he had a Luke Willson one too but i can’t find it. This one i also remember. It’s entitled “Is Russ Wilson a Robot?” and John Moffitt is hilarious in it. I miss those old Seahawks antics. I think it will be fun to see the two Michaels and Marshawn back, even if it’s for a little while.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
842976AD-96F6-42F2-918C-07A9B85C3757.jpeg

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Some very good behind the scenes NFL journalism. Anybody who has lead a group can relate.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
he likely won't be playing in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.