Idiots and fireworks.

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
One of my most cherished funny memories was an epic bottle rocket war with a bunch of buddies at the beach property after high school. Full on war, no holds barred. Roman candles included. Well I started taking some damage and needed some cover fire to move to a better arrangement of beach logs, I was just too exposed and had 3 ganging up on me. I pulled out one of the big guns, one of those giant bottle rockets that’s probably not advised to aim at a human. I lit the fuse and popped over the top of the log and 3 friends saw it and started running. One friend was a pants sagger. Like dude, please get a belt type of sagging. Well he is running while the fuse burns holding his pants which are below his ass and waddling as fast as he can. Ill advised attire for battle. I let the rocket fly and it weaves right, left, right again and hit him square between the shoulder blades at about 50 yards, his pants instantly drop around his ankles and he falls flat on his face in the sand while the rocket explodes. Not sure I’ve ever laughed harder in my life. I should text him and remind him actually. Possibly the only person to be pants by a bottle rocket.

kerrys

Ignored Member
One of my most cherished funny memories was an epic bottle rocket war with a bunch of buddies at the beach property after high school. Full on war, no holds barred. Roman candles included. Well I started taking some damage and needed some cover fire to move to a better arrangement of beach logs, I was just too exposed and had 3 ganging up on me. I pulled out one of the big guns, one of those giant bottle rockets that’s probably not advised to aim at a human. I lit the fuse and popped over the top of the log and 3 friends saw it and started running. One friend was a pants sagger. Like dude, please get a belt type of sagging. Well he is running while the fuse burns holding his pants which are below his ass and waddling as fast as he can. Ill advised attire for battle. I let the rocket fly and it weaves right, left, right again and hit him square between the shoulder blades at about 50 yards, his pants instantly drop around his ankles and he falls flat on his face in the sand while the rocket explodes. Not sure I’ve ever laughed harder in my life. I should text him and remind him actually. Possibly the only person to be pants by a bottle rocket.
It’s all fun and games until someone gets pantsed...

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Roman candles were great for suppressive fire.
Get a bunch (5 or more) going at once and pin down your enemy, while your team executes a flanking maneuver.

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Damn noisy in the hills above Sedro Woolley last night. Dogs didn’t like it even with drugs. At least one house burned down in Mt. Vernon and another damaged by fire. I haven’t heard how many hands were blown off.
X 10 = Cleveland

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
LOL - I was laughing at the surprise and outrage of the OP, and especially @clarkman (?!!), who plays with snakes and toothy things as an adult!

Playing with fireworks all week has never been smart, thoughtful, or safe...but it's always been.

Not surprised that @krusty was never young and irresponsible 😉 🤣
Yeah...I tried to not be a fuckup. Sorry.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Yes, in high school a buddy's parents went out of town for the 4th... That was an epic party I will always remember, hot tub, BBQ, illegal fireworks, lots and lots of beer and the most epic Roman candle war that drunkenly spilled out to the neighborhood street and beyond. Poor kids these days can't have any fun anymore.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Yeah...I tried to not be a fuckup. Sorry.
Nothing to be sorry about! You were probably the kid who ran to tell the adults that Timmy was about to try putting a roman candle in his pants...and the reason Timmy didn't end up like the afore-posted video

Some people develop good sense earlier than others! :)

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Roman candle fights where epic in our neiborhood, no PPE, no eye protection nothing, just shorts n tang tops and carnage!

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Roman candles were great for suppressive fire.
Get a bunch (5 or more) going at once and pin down your enemy, while your team executes a flanking maneuver.

Quilbilly's childhood.gif
1970s quilbilly. Needed a bigger shield.

Home owners insurance.gif
Check up on your homeowners policy today.

krusty

Forum Supporter
Nothing to be sorry about! You were probably the kid who ran to tell the adults that Timmy was about to try putting a roman candle in his pants...and the reason Timmy didn't end up like the afore-posted video

Some people develop good sense earlier than others! :)
I didn't care if Timmy the idiot put a Roman candle in his pants, and wasn't the hall monitor for good behavior. 😃

In fact if Timmy was a dickhead I would have observed his subsequent injury with considerable glee...just as I did when the neighborhood bully who tore his ballsac open on a nail while climbing over a fence went on to become a disgraced cop.

Last edited:

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Roman candle fights where epic in our neiborhood, no PPE, no eye protection nothing, just shorts n tang tops and carnage!
That's so true. We got our hides tanned for shooting at each other with red riders. Bottle rockets, roman candles, not a word.

Pez Vela

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Wow... anyone remember when we had Chinese firecrackers, cherry bombs, and the biggest and best onion bombs!?! You want a boom.. these would rattle windows! Lost count of the amount of plastic, toy soldiers we blew up. Happy 4th!

Flymph

Steelhead
  • Most wildfires caused by fireworks occur around the July 4th holiday or under extended drought conditions, but the reality is, wildfires can occur anytime the ground is not completely snow-covered. Exploding fireworks, such as firecrackers, m-70’s, bottle rockets, and roman candles, cause the most fireworks-caused wildfires.
Loud is one thing, wildfires are another. The El Dorado fire in Cali was started by fireworks. In Central WA we have a large faction of "older" and irresponsible folks who don't seem to follow any rules.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Here in Montana they have access to fire works stands by the end of June. I've been hearing them damn things going off since then. It really bothers the dogs. They all run and hide under the beds in the house. I hate it because I go to bed at 10 pm. I don't get my beauty sleep and that makes me grouchy. They also continue after the 4th here. It just pisses me off, so I stay pissed off for about a week. Nothing unusual.

RCF

Life of the Party
I enjoy a nice charge of black powder being set off in a cannon...

One of my neighbors loaded up a cannon, set it on the dock, lit it, and BOOM and then a splash! The cannon jumped 5' back and went into the lake... 😭

krusty

Forum Supporter
I have upgraded @krusty to clint eastwood get off my lawn level.
View attachment 21032
Thank you.

I don't know about where most live, but in this community only toddlers get a pass walking on somebody else's lawn or property. I'm quite tight with my neighbors but wouldn't think about just traipsing across their lawn to get to their front door...I'd use the walkway.

Some of the worst are the damned missionaries (closely followed by politicians and their minions) who can't read 'No Soliciting' signage. I even had a pair of slack jawed bible thumpers walk up my driveway and right into my garage to give me "the good news". That's the same as walking uninivited into my house.

When I was a kid my visiting grandpa spotted another kid cutting through our yard and was furious I wasn't kicking the kid's ass. He was only partially mollified when I told him I knew the kid.

And no, I don't have a collection of neighbor kids' frisbees, nerf projectiles or baseballs. 😇

Last edited: