Green Lake Carp

Cliff

Steelhead
I haven't been able to try for carp at Green Lake all summer. Has anyone here given it a shot? I am going to try to get down there tomorrow after work.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
Well, how'd it go? The weeds are crowding in if you are fishing close to bottom, they pretty much start at 18 inches or deeper of water and on top I have never been able to entice them to do squat. Doing slow old man laps on Sunday at the West beach, watching the Blue Angels, and sure enough, a carp jumps out of the water about 15 feet from me

Cliff

Steelhead
Well, how'd it go? The weeds are crowding in if you are fishing close to bottom, they pretty much start at 18 inches or deeper of water and on top I have never been able to entice them to do squat. Doing slow old man laps on Sunday at the West beach, watching the Blue Angels, and sure enough, a carp jumps out of the water about 15 feet from me
I wasn't able to get down there. Hopefully, over the next few days. Thanks for the tips. Ive never had any luck getting them to bite when they're surfacing, either. Maybe they're spawning? Dunno....

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
They're laughing at you man, that's how the Carp laughs....
;)