Garmin Striker transducer mounting suggestions

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I bought a Stillwater Classic two weeks ago, it came with an assortment of goodies including a Garmin Striker 4cv, new in box. I haven't bothered to take this sonar out of the box yet as I have two Hummin' Bird (120 and 140C) units that I use but.......... looking at what Fred (@Wanative) identifies when he's out in his boat (https://www.pnwflyfishing.com/forum...s-how-to-make-best-use-of-it.1655/#post-39947), I think the Garmin's technology, data interpretation surpasses the Hummin Bird units (if that's really all that important), so I've been thinking about how to get the transducer mounted in my Stillwater and my wood pram. The mount needs to be easily installed and removable - I see there are "Ram" products ($$) and "Scotty" products ($$), Any home made suggestions, pictures?

Domo arigato in advance.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, as chad notes, first question is are you going to be using it with a trolling motor? Otherwise, I'd just do bottom of the transom. There are also various brackets you can get if you are adverse to putting holes in the boat.

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
Expensive but easy. I have this.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
I remember (I think it was @iveofione) building a transducer mounting arm on the old site. I wonder if you could build something from pvc that you could put in the fb mounting bracket

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Pat - did it not come with the suction cup transom mount?
For years, I just reached under and stuck it to the hull of my kayak. Heavy weeds can scrape it off, but the cord is pretty rugged; just hauled it in and popped it back on. With an aluminum boat, I've run full throttle and/or fished all day with it suctioned to the transom.
If your transom isn't smooth enough, you could epoxy a plastic disk as a mount site, like what comes with a suction type dash mount for phones

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Pat - did it not come with the suction cup transom mount?
For years, I just reached under and stuck it to the hull of my kayak. Heavy weeds can scrape it off, but the cord is pretty rugged; just hauled it in and popped it back on. With an aluminum boat, I've run full throttle and/or fished all day with it suctioned to the transom.
If your transom isn't smooth enough, you could epoxy a plastic disk as a mount site, like what comes with a suction type dash mount for phones
I guess I better look in the box! ;-)

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
+1 for the trolling motor. It's just too easy.
And if you weren't intending to use a trolling motor, you could make a mount the same general size as a trolling motor. They give you a heavy duty, re-usable zip-tie in the box for this purpose. Or, on your "fake trolling motor" or mount, you can use a stainless adjustable clamp. I have one in my stuff, can't remember if it came in the box or if I added it.